chapter 20

A/N: Thank you guys for the comments! I really enjoyed reading your comments so don't forget to tell me what you think of this chapter as well:) There's still a quota but i won't tell you how many this time. LOL. I'll update again when the quota got surpassed. Thank you again :)

☨ ☩☣ ☘ † ❂ ⚕ ᴈᴑᴎ ☠ ☢ ⚔ ⚓♰☯☭

KELLY's POV

It was already 7:30 am so I decided to get up and take my morning shower. I didn't know why but I felt a lot better than I thought after reminiscing the past. I even dreamt about it but the effect of remembering the past wasn't as bad as before. I felt ridiculously calmer and refreshed.

Even though there were still questions and a little bit of doubt inside of me, I chose to just remain positive about everything.

I smiled to myself like silly and then quickly finished my shower. After I finished dressing up, I went out of my room. The smell of fried rice from the kitchen instantly made me excited. Maybe Irene was the one cooking it.

Irene was the daughter of the caretaker of our vacation house and everytime our family was here, she would come over from time to time and help. She serves as our household helper because she's a good cook and very good at cleaning and organizing as well.

She's just 4 years older than me. Even though she was now working at a local restaurant as an assistant manager, she still manages to come over and volunteer to serve us even though she didn't have to.

According to her, it was her way of thanking our family because my grandmother was the one who paid all her expenses when she was still studying.

As a reward of her family's good service and loyalty, my grandmother gave her the chance to go to an exclusive school. She deserved it because she's smart and kind.

Whenever we're here for vacation and she has the time to come and do the cleaning and other stuff, we pay her for her services.

Of course, she didn't want to accept it at first but my parents insisted. According to them, it was just right for us to pay her even though Irene didn't want it at first.

Even though we just see each other at least once a year, we're close enough and managed to become friends ever since we were children even though she was a little bit older than me.

I thought her mother would be the one to come but Irene had tom come on her stead because her mother was sick.

"Good morning, Kelly. I just finished cleaning here except your room so I'll clean your room now before I go" Irene said. She looked like she wasn't the one who's cooking at the kitchen. She looked like she'd been cleaning since this early in the morning.

"Good morning too, Irene. You're early today"

"Yes. I came early because I need to be at the restaurant around 10. Anyway, I think your breakfast is already prepared. Go and eat" My eyebrows creased.

"You think?" she chuckled and then looked at the direction of the kitchen.

"I was about to cook when I got here but your boyfriend stopped me and told me that he would be the one to cook for you" she even giggled like a teenager. I couldn't help but to laugh.

I poked her side which made her laugh.

"Crazy. Stephen is not my boyfriend" I said while shaking my head. She rolled her eyes.

"Okay. If that's what you want me to believe. Anyway, he's waiting for you at the kitchen. I think he's about to finish cooking. Go and I'll just clean your room" it was my turn to roll my eyes. She never change.