f o u r

"Hey gorgeous."

I had slightly turned around staring as Sammy approach me with a small coffee in one had and a sweet tea in the other.

I was working library duty at my school and normally drinks weren't allowed, but I had made the exception for Sammy.

"Hey." I smiled as he handed me the coffee, "I cant believe you stay after school to clean the library, you're too good for the world Charlie."

My dad always said that if you put positivity into the world then someday, whether it's near or far, the world would give you nothing but peace and good vibes back.

I had believed that, I'd always did good things and only got good things in return.

"It's waste of time."  I said before sitting down at one of the available tables, "How was practice?"

"Good as usual, my car broke down this morning so I'm waiting for an old friend to get me." He explained.

I took a sip of my coffee, "You could've asked me, I mean it's not like we're not in love."

He laughed as I rolled my eyes playfully, "Your dad may love me but I don't want to push those limits."

Sammy's family had been a friend to mine for years. I'm pretty sure that if I did have an arranged marriage, my dad pull Sammy out of anyone. He was a very trustworthy person and as much as my dad was against me with any body from the opposite gender, he was very pleased with Sammy's permission to date me.

My dad and Sammy got along ten times better than my dad and I actually did.

"Well I'm almost finished in here, I'll walk out with you."

I got up from the table taking my drink with me and toting the book cart behind the main desk. I quickly typed in my log out time into the computer as the same time the senors on the doors went off.

I sighed a bit before walking up to the door and to my surprise staring right at James friend, Jack. The guy who I couldn't seem to get away from.

He looked a little shocked to smirking at the sight of me, "Well what a surprise to see you here preachers daughter."

"It certainly is." I muttered in a low voice.

"We just can't seem to stop running into each other." He said.

I laughed a bit agreeing, "Or you're following me, either way it's a bit weird. What are you even doing here?"

"Maybe I just want to come check out a book, one on religious fundamentals or something.You never seen a guy in a library." He shrugged looking around a bit before his eyes diverted to me again.

"Of course, just not typically the guys who hang out with James." I said making him smile brightly. It was oddly contagious and the moment it was released I was smiling too.

"Who are you talking to Charlie?" Sammy turned the corner coming out from hiding in the bookcases. He paused for a moment also smiling lightly, "Hey, you met my old friend."

"Your old friend?" I repeated back raising an eyebrow before looking over at Jack who was eyeing Sammy put his arm around my waist.

I took a sip of my coffee not even sure what to make of the situation. I had felt awkward and nothing less than that, it's not like I had felt any type of unloyalness to Sammy but the tension between Jack and I were high.

Whether it was in my head or his, this was a twist to me.

"Well lets go, I need to catch up on some homework." Sammy said interrupting everyone thoughts.

Sammy has picked up my bag from the counter and wrapped his hand in mine before all three of us walked out the library.

"So how did you and Sammy meet?" Jack asked mainly looking at me.

"Church." Sammy quickly answered, "Her dads an amazing pastor, you should go check him out one day."

"I'll make sure of it." Jack said now breaking contact with me.

We all walked out the school not saying another word until we all approached my car.

"I'll call you." Sammy said pressing a small kiss to my cheek. I looked at Jack the entire time who was non stop looking at me.

He pulled out a cigarette, "Bye Charlie."

"Bye Jack."