n i n e t e e n

"Hey daddy." I smiled walking into my dads office. He was leaned into his computer focusing with whatever before watching me enter.

My dad was always caught up in his office if he wasn't at church. I never interrupted him and his work because obviously work calls at times. But now I had to break that rule to break another rule to get out the house for tonight.

"Charlotte I'm busy." He muttered still staring into the screen as I approached his desk, "It better be important."

"Actually it kind of is." I say making him look at me, "I'm heading over to Jordan's house tonight for some bible study."

Now at the mention of Jordan he had seemed interested, "Jordan's? Will her delinquent brother be there?"

"James is out of town." That was the first lie of the night. James was probably with Jordan getting ready for our secret night out because if anyone was a party person it was definitely James.

"How long will you be over there?" He asked.

"For the rest of the night." I admit even though it made him a bit skeptical. Luckily Jordan's mother wasn't married and didn't have any type of men in her life - my dad would've rejected even the thought of staying over at Jordan's.

"You are aware you have church tomorrow?" He then asked as if the thought of Sunday service wasn't permanently printed in my mind, but I nodded my head anyways, "You better be the first face I see walking through the door tomorrow."

"Of course." I cheered already heading for the door, "I'll call when I get there."

I had rushed back to my room picking up my phone and texting Jordan the okay before rummaging through my closet for something to wear. I had no idea what one was to wear at a kickback.

But I had thirty minutes tops till Jordan got here so I quickly threw an outfit together before going into the bathroom and applying light makeup. I had never actually worn a full face so walking out tonight with one would not be okay.

Eventually Jordan had gave me the outside text and I had already thrown a hoodie and sweats over my actual outfit to hide the fact that I was indeed in a non bible study outfit.

I grabbed my phone and keys before walking out into the living room where my mom and dad were now together watching late news. I leaned over the couch giving them both a quick kiss on the cheek and bidding my byes before walking outside.

Surely enough Jordan was standing outside the driver side awaiting me before scrunching her face up at my attire.

"Tell me you're going to pull a Cinderella and there's something pretty under there?" She asked raising an eyebrow.

I rolled my eyes lifting up the black hoodie a bit showcasing my actual outfit as she just smirked signaling me to get into that car. Which I did quickly slide into the passenger seat and of course Jack and James were both in the back of the car awaiting my arrival.

I turned in my seat a bit looking at the two.

"Good evening Charlie." Jack smiled. His smile was lazy as was his eyes, it had been clear the two were doing something previous to coming here, "You look great."

"Do I?" I asked raising an eyebrow and basically motioning to my very poor cover up choice, "Let's just get out of here before my dad comes outside."

Jordan quickly pulled away as I turned back around stripping my hoodie off first. I felt the cool air touch my bare arms and exposing my chest as well.

Luckily Jack and James were too busy in their own world to even notice me stripping my clothes in front of them. It wasn't until I was a totally different outfit that James said something.

"The peak is not that important for an outfit change." James muttered in the back seat as I just quickly put on my seatbelt, "Not that I didn't mind the show."

"Shut up." I groan, "If I want to look good, I can."

"And she does." Jack put in leaning up to the front as well, "But you know its going to get colder tonight?"

"Of course.." that was the second lie tonight. I wasn't aware of the weather dropping today, to be honest I just wanted to look good.

But tonight was going to be filled with lies.