t h i r t y t h r e e

I was currently sitting on the steps outside my door awaiting Jack's car to pull up and stuffing my face with green grapes. I've been out here for at least ten minutes which means my parents had now officially been knocked and I was free to do what I wanted away from my own premisses and sneak back in before six in the morning.

The music was heard before the car was even in sight and I had opened my eyes wide approaching the sidewalk and watching his car pull alongside me. I quickly opened the door and immediately turning the volume to its absolute lowest before looking over to Jack.

"You must've forgotten the type of neighborhood I live in." I muttered before fully getting into the car already putting on my seatbelt.

Jack laughed a bit smiling over to me, "Please. They took their melatonin for the night and they aren't waking up till they have to."

I rolled my eyes playfully as Jack began to pull away from my neighborhood. I didn't know where we were going and honestly at this point any place Jack brought me wouldn't be a surprise. So twenty minutes later when we were on the other side of town, a part I wasn't familiar with, I worried a bit.

He had decided to park in a very abandoned parking lot before turning off his car. So I'd at least know we weren't sleeping together because last time the car was not off.

We both had gotten out the car at the same time and immediately I had felt the temperature change. It had been windy, hair smacking against my face and my jacket not doing me any favors.

"Is this the part where you murder me?" I questioned as he made his way towards me side of the car.

He laughed a bit. "Is it that sketchy?"

"An abandoned parking lot in the middle of nowhere does raise a bunch of red flags." I say.

He stopped in front of me eyeing me before lifting his hand to take out my damp ponytail from my shower earlier. I sucked in a breath as he continued messing with my appearance and standing a bit closer than usual.

I mean, jack and I couldn't have gotten any closer body wise.

I raised an eyebrow as he backed away looking at the work he just done, "What are you doing?"

"Behind this hill is a very exclusive place but you're not even eighteen." He explained. "But we can at least make you look it."

I didn't say anything but knowing that I was going to an "exclusive place" had made me anxious. Anything behind a hill in the middle of nowhere meant no good whatsoever and now I was genuinely confused as to where he had bought me.

He took my hand tightly and walking towards the back of the parking lot where I had followed him and trying to remember the environment around us, just in case.

I heard the music before seeing what was actually behind the hill and then I heard what sounded like dozens of laughs. We turned down the path and in front me had laid an entire secret concert.

Who had a concert behind the hill? I had definitely expected to get mugged or some girls doing witchcraft around a bonfire or even some long hair beach boy strumming his guitar and seducing people with his voice.

Either way. It wasn't my scenery.

"Who's playing?" I asked raising my voice a bit over all the commotion.

He shrugged. "James invited me. And I invited you."

I looked over to Jack confused as to why he had taken me and James to the same event. As if it wasn't bad enough I was sneaking away with him, now James was here. If James and I ever ended up in the same place it was probably a very bad place.

He laughed at my crazed face. "It's fine. We'll only stay for a couple hours, it'll be fun."

The last time I had fun it included Jack and I in the back of his car where I was being prepared to get deflowered. And now look where fun has gotten me. In a weird concert behind a random hill with Jack and James.

Sounds like fun to me.

We stopped at the back of the short line as Jack pulled his phone out receiving a text from James before turning around and watching him approach us.

"Well look who it is." James smirked standing slightly behind us.

I rolled my eyes looking away from James and stepping a couple steps up in the line. I watched everything around me and the unusual setting had made me grow anxious. There had been booths sets up with drinks and food and a few mini games here and there but the actual stage had been set up in the center of it.

I could see the muscular bodies moving in the shadows setting up equipment but even then I had no idea who's concert this was and why I had agreed to attend it.

"I'm surprised your old man let you out after that stunt you pulled." James continued.

"James-" jack groaned closing his eyes in frustration.

"If anything congratulating her I mean you pulled a fast one Charlie." He laughed now standing next to me to catch my attention. "When I said you need to loosen up I didn't think you'd literally do it."

"Shut up!" I snapped looking over to him. He stared down at me as my nostril began to flare but didn't seemed phased by nothing. "Can you just not talk about anything for the rest of the night?"

James smirked crossing his arms over his chest as Jack bought the tickets and we walked past the entrance. He handed James his wristband and placing my around my wrist for me before putting his on as well.

It had definitely gotten louder the closer we got to the stage.

"Before we go anywhere, I need to use the bathroom." Jack confesses. James and I had both eyed him as if he wasn't that desperate to use a portapotty since they weren't the most sanitized places in the world.

But he walked off to the left leaving James and I alone which had been exactly what I was dreading. James and I had never been friends, like ever. Even in the very beginning of Jordan's and I friendship I had steered clear of James just from the rumors around school and then the following month he had gotten kicked out.

His reputation had said it all for me.

"I can't believe you're fucking my best friend."

"I can't believe you're still talking."

***

This is TRASH

but I literally have been working on it since the beginning of April and I keep losing any and all inspiration for it every two minutes or so.

I watched endgame yesterday and all imma say is....I am destroyed by that movie. I can't believe I've been watching marvel since 2008 FOR THAT SHIT TO END THAT WAY.

Anyways, opinions?