t w e n t y e i g h t

I needed some fresh air, I need to get away, I needed vanilla ice cream topped with almost frozen gummy worms. So I sat at the same table as last time eating away at the ice cream and staring in the distance as if my mind was racing.

I wanted to tell Sammy and I was, it just so happened he found out before I could tell him and now he's probably to preach about me whoring around in his sermon next week at church.

I had felt completely and utterly broken just because I had let myself get caught in this position. I had cheated on my boyfriend with one of his closest friends and acted as if I was the victim.

Sure I wasn't happy but that doesn't mean I had to make Sam feel the exact same way, but Sam was more than just unhappy now, the look in his eyes had been defined by devastated.

I let my spoon sit in the melting ice cream as if suddenly my appetite had washed away. I placed a hand in between me legs feeling the soreness and bringing back everything said within the last 48 hours.

How did I get myself caught up in this?

"You're so cliche."

I looked up as Jordan's walked towards me and taking a seat on the metal chair opposite of me. She took the still full ice cream cup and taking a few bites  not looking away from me, "Ice cream, seriously?"

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you."

"Considering all this new found drama, im glad you didn't." She admitted taking out a gummy worm and biting into it, "I mean seriously Charlie, what were you thinking?"

"Apparently I wasn't." I say wiping away the wet spots under my eyes before grabbing a gummy worm  as well.

She agreed on that part, "So When did it start?"

I cupped my face into my hands becoming stressed even more, "I don't know. It was like as soon as I met him, I wanted to know more."

"Well you learned a lot." She muttered as I shook my head slightly at the response, "I'm sorry this is all new to me. I mean, You're like the last person I would know to do this."

"Don't act like you weren't encouraging it!" I snapped now looking over to her, "With your, "Well, he didn't give you his number for no reason!""

"I also told you he was a spawn of satan and look at what he's done!"

"It's not his fault!"

I had never fought with Jordan, she was my best friend we had agreed on everything. But this moment had felt harsh and I didn't like yelling at him as much as I hated her yelling at me.

"I knew what I was doing Jordan, this is my mistake." I say letting out a calm sigh and looking down at the rusted table, "I can handle the consequences that come with messing around with Jack, but it wasn't his fault."

She let out a needed deep sigh before slouching and taking another bite of the gummy worm, "So, does this mean you and Sammy are over?"

I shrugged as an honest answer. On the inside I had known Sammy and I were no longer together and that both of our families might shun me and look at me in disgust. But on the inside I had wanted us to get over it even if that meant not getting back together but being what we were before we even got together.

"We should head back." She said interrupting my clouding thoughts, "You've been gone all day, it's time to just face the sun."

I nodded my head agreeing even though deep inside I wanted to chain myself to this rusted bench. I could already see the way my dad was staring me down as if I was the most repulsive thing ever, and my mom would agree with him just because she always did.

"I have foundation in the car, you should probably cover those love bites up." She mentioned.

"Gross, don't call them that." I moaned while reaching to feel around my neck for the bruised spots. I still couldn't believe Jack would give me hickeys knowing how protective my family was over me and knowing that we weren't even supposed to be in that car together.

We both walked towards the car sharing what was last of the ice cream before getting into her car. I'd have to come get my car another time, I was too vulnerable to drive at this moment.

"James salutes you by the way." She said while pulling away from the station, "Apparently you've made the record of plot twist of the year."

"James salutes anything that has a sex appeal." I muttered making her smile a bit.

"It's pretty hectic right now by the way." She informed me merging into the highway, "Jack and James left shortly after you did, Sammy came back to leave with your dad, and well my mom and I are living for the drama."

I rolled my eyes playfully, "I'm glad you're getting something fun out of it."

She smirked a bit, "As if you weren't getting something fun out of it as well."

"Jordan..." I groan shaking my head before massaging my temples trying to relief my forming headache, "please enough with the unfunny jokes."

"Fine." She gave in but I could see the forming smirk as if she had a dozen lines already planned if I had said something, "Unlike Jack, I didn't think it'd be a big deal."

***

I literally wanna tell you guys how inspired I've been working on this book but I know as soon as I say it writers block will beat me tf up...sigh.

Anyways, opinions?