F o r t y

With Sammy's sudden ourburst I had forgotten that today was my last day in Oakland. As much as I hated that idea of moving away and creating a new life, I definitely needed to get away from this one. Running from my problems seemed better than handling them because handling them somehow made them worse.

But for now the day moved along.

I pulled into Jacks neighborhood and pulling into his driveway like he had instructed. His dads cruiser wasn't in sight which meant he wasn't at home. We both sat in silence not moving just letting the car fill the noise around us.

"At least talk to me before you never see me again." He muttered now looking over to me.

I sighed visibly exhausted from today's events, "What do you want me to say Jack?"

"A bye would be nice." He shrugged. I laughed a bit before finally making eye contact with him causing him to smile. "You want to come in?"

I nodded my head before sliding off my seatbelt and following Jack up the sidewalk. I immediately took notice at the security camera in the corner of the front porch broadcasting anyone who showed up to the front door. Jack gave the camera a thumbs up before unlocking the door and leading me inside.

His house was definitely how I pictured it. His dads police accomplishments and Jack's framed and plastered for everyone to see. Definitely appeared as if the entire house was made for masculinity.

I checked the time on my phone, "This has been the longest fucking day."

"Fucking?" Jack repeated back smirking over to me with a raised eyebrow, "That's a new vocabulary word for you."

I laughed, "Well I'm far from the gates of Heaven now."

"Closer to the gates of my bedroom though." He smirked stopping at the bottom of the stairs now turning to look at me with his hands gripping both sides of the banisters. I stopped in front of him, not to close but enough to get the tension going.

"That was lame." I laugh.

He shrugged his shoulders now leading me up the stairs and down the hall, "It still worked." He opens the door revealing his room, which to my surprise matched his very indecisive personality. Multiple colors, nothing matched beside the bedspread, and the only light in the room was the one shining through the window.

I shoved my keys into my jacket pocket along with my phone and admiring the room even more. I felt Jack's hands glide over my shoulders before I felt his body press against mines. I knew he could feel the tenseness in my shoulders, the stress rolling off of them.

"Relax." He said lowly right against my ear.

I let out a silence sigh before turning around to face him immediately wrapping my arms around his waist. He reacted immediately wrapping his arms around the shoulders and using a hand to stroke the ends of my hair. The embrace felt like forever, like we were standing in the middle of his room forever.

With the less sexual action, it was the most intimate experience between us.

This wasn't a touch initiating sex, it didn't endorse any sexual experience.

This was the last touch.

"Bye, Jack."

***

Hehe, you thought you were getting a sex scene.

Actually it originally was but I felt this was more intimate then then having sex.

Anyways, opinions?