f i v e

I sat in the back of the coffee shop staring at my computer screen pretending I was working on a summer school paper but was really squishing in the vampire diaries before I got home.

If there was one thing my dad hated more than disrespect it was hot guys on tv.

I couldn't shake the thought of my So not innocent thoughts about Jack being Sammy's friend. I mean, how does that friendship even work based on the type of guy Jack hangs around?

"Good evening doll."

I jumped a bit staring at the hand placed beside my computer. I quickly shut it before looking up at Jack who was just staring down at me.

"Hi." I pushed out letting out an awkward cough, "Wha- um why are you here?"

"Needed my daily dose of caffeine." He smiled even though he was empty handed, "Do you mind if I sit?"

"Actually-"

"Great." He smiled cut me off before taking the seat across from me. I let out an anxious sigh before looking around at the store making sure no one was looking this direction, "What were you working on?"

"Sundays speech." I quickly got out, "For my dad."

"On a Friday evening?" He questioned, "Must have something plan for Saturday?"

I shook my head taking a sip of my tea, "No just better done than forgotten."

He stared at me for what seemed like forever. It was like he was admiring me but without the smile or the smirk, just watching me.

"What?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Why so innocent preachers daughter?" He said leaning on his palm for support and still making eye contact with me.

I sucked in a breath biting on my bottom lip and looking at him as well. I can feel the devils hands clawing at my ankles just because of the unpure thoughts I was having.

Sammy had looked at me but Jack - he stared, gazed, like my person was the most questionable.

"You intrigue me Charlie and I've only held two conversations with you." He said leaning forward in his chair, "Why is that?"

I shrugged, "Maybe you like what you see."

He smirked, "Maybe."

My dad was going to be so pissed if he ever knew this conversation happened. I felt like I was in a square room talking with Jack, all the background noises had faded and everything surrounding us was a blur.

But that quickly got disturbed when my phone vibrated continuously on the coffee table. I broke contact first taking a deep breath before staring at my dads caller ID.

"Yes dad?" I said turning away from Jack a bit.

"Sammy is here for you." He replied making me tense a bit. I was totally just making googly eyes with his best friend, "Says he wants to stay for dinner. I cant entertain him forever, where are you?"

"Coffee shop." I answered.

He sighed, "It's late Charlotte, get home before it gets dark."

"Yes sir." I muttered, "Ill be there soon."

I quickly hung up the phone closing my eyes and sighing before turning back over to Jack who had still been staring at me.

"I hate to leave you here alone but i have to go." I muttered placing laptop in the carrier, "Family calls."

"And Charlie answers." He said.

Jack picked up the pen sitting in front of me and taking the napkins under my cup of tea writing something down as I got up from the seat placing my bag on one shoulder.

He finished writing getting up from his seat and handing me the pen in one hand before pressing the Now crumpled napkins in the other.

"And hopefully she calls too." He whispered with a smirk releasing my hand, "Have a good night doll."

I stood there still feeling his hand in mine and watching him leave the shop. I clutched the napkin tighter in my hand before unraveling it and reading it.

'I don't drink coffee -gilinsky'

And right below ten digits that could literally send me to an all girls school.