f i f t e e n

Sure enough after a half hour drive into the city we were back at the same place I had got caught by the law. It had been the first time ever having a misunderstanding with anybody - I was always taught, what says - goes.

But recently everyone had been saying a lot.

"I thought I'd never be back here." I say as we both get out the car. I walked over to the edge where I had jumped off of not to long ago, "You dad didn't say anything right?"

"Of course not." Jack said walking up to the edge as well, "Your dad being the sheriff comes with benefits."

I smiled a bit looking over to him, "What's the benefits for being the preachers daughter?"

"Probably a safe marriage." He joked as I just rolled my eyes playfully. I squatted down taking a seat and letting my feet hang - last time I was too scared to even think of walking up to this ledge, but the least of my worries was being scared.

"Well no need to worry about that." I say as he sat beside me leaning back using his palms, "Sammy gave me a purity ring, romantic right?"

I held my hand out with the silver ring on it as Jack took my hand and examined the ring. I could hear him giggle a bit reading the scripture before just lowering my hand and looking over to me.

"Jesus he's such a choir boy." He smirked, "When I met him he wasn't like this - he wouldn't think twice about not going to church."

"Well, what happened?" I asked him.

"We got pulled over one night." He began to explain adjusting his comfortable position, "Had open containers of alcohol and they found some weed on me. Because Sammy's family was tight with the police, he only had to make up 72 hours of community service while Me and James spent two weeks in jail."

"And he blamed you?"

"Claimed we messed up his shiny record." Jack rolled his eyes at the statement like even he didn't believe that, "He got over it pretty soon considering we're still friends but after that he went to become a child of god and James and I couldn't live with him reading us scriptures every time we did something he opposed."

I raised an eyebrow at him kind of amused, "Sammy was a party boy before this? Kind of wish I got to see that."

"I doubt it." He laughed a bit, "Plus you're the perfect Christian couple you see one Christian mingle or some shit."

I hit his shoulder holding back a laugh while he just let his loose.

"What?" He laughed looking over to me, "Is this most rebellious thing you've ever done?"

"Well I did also leave my sister to come swim in lake water for you." I mutter, "So second most."

"You really are just a church girl?" He questioned still looking over to me. Except it was the same stare he had given me at the coffee shop before I had become comfortable around him. I liked the stare, Sammy could never without thinking he was filling with lust probably.

"I'm Charlotte Ryder, the preachers daughter and the choir boys girlfriend." I sighed looking across to the other side of the woods. "So basically I am connected to God and church in every way - which isn't boring just-"

"Tiring?" He asked raising an eyebrow, "Imagine all the shit you get for just wanting to express yourself."

"I'm my house I was taught that if I want to live happy then it would have to be by gods words but as I got older I think my dad stopped making it about god and just more about controlling my life." I explained as he stare burned the side of my face.

"And I don't know if I want to live a life that I can't even control."

***

You can hate me for never updating soon but ya girl ready to have a mental breakdown every day after school.

Btw can you imagine there was time my wattpad name was 'manydirectioons and xregretsx'

Gurlll....

Anyways, opinions?