F o r t y f i v e

within the span of an hour the three of them were completely wasted and singing horribly to an old queen song. It was only 6 in the afternoon by this point and my eardrums became numb each passing offkey note. I was the only one not up for drinking considering it wasn't my favorite, so I stayed with the low alcoholic wine in hopes of at least feeling buzzed.

James and Jordan quickly bypassed their arguing about music choice and were dancing and screaming the lyrics to "Crazy little thing called love". Jack took a seat next to me in the dining room and sang the lyrics badly but not bothering to care.

A part of me wished I could handle alcohol like them. I could be totally rocking to this song it is wasn't for my weak tastebuds.

Instead I was close to sober and drinking up every passing moment. My thoughts were still recovering from the heart to heart Jack and I had not to long ago and he was holding my hand. It wasn't weird anymore, everything was literally out in the open.

Everyone knew I had sex with Jack. Everyone knew we're content with each other. Everyone knew.

My words played on repeat: No more sneaking or hiding, no more secrets from anyone.

I didn't notice I was squeezing Jack's hand each passing thought till he looked over to me no longer singing and dancing.

"Would you like another sip?" He asked sliding his cup against the glass table. I shook my head, I was sill paying for my last sip, "What is it Charlotte?"

I couldn't say there was something wrong because in honesty, there was nothing wrong. Things were normal. For a long time though, this wouldn't be considered normal.

I shake my head, "The music makes my head hurt."

He smiled over to me before pulling the hand he was already holding and making me leave my seat. I gave him a confused look as he settled me into one of his legs and wrapping an arm around my waist for support and the other still cupped around his glass.

I felt like a kid sitting in Santa's lap.

"You know this is your party?" He then asked.

I couldn't tell me if I was in this position to hear his voice better or just because he wanted to touch me. Either way, I wasn't really complaining.

"It doesn't feel like much of a party."

I looked down to him raising an unconvinced eyebrow as he just took another sip now emptying his glass, "So let's call it a get together. I don't get why you seem so uncomfortable."

Is that the type of vibe I was giving off? Did I seem uncomfortable?

The truth was, I wasn't. I was just stuck on the thought of things working out for me, this was a one in a lifetime deal, and I couldn't even enjoy this without overthinking it.

Damn, me.

"I'm not." Lying became a trait over the time I knew Jack, I was probably a pro by now, "It's just loud in here."

"Do you want to ditch the crowd?" He then questioned.

I looked over to him. Every time we both decided to "ditch the crowd" we always ended up in the same place, The Peak. It definitely was significant to the both of us now. I smiled over to him slightly picking up my pair of keys verifying my answer as we both headed to the door.

The drive to The Peak felt like a lifetime. I was driving because Jack was intoxicated but even then he held my hand through a majority of the entire ride. The romance between Jack and I at the moment felt at its highest, we weren't hiding, I wasn't scared of who might find out, and i certainly didn't expect everything to turn around so quickly for me.