t w e n t y s i x

I wish I could say the rest of the conversation was all good and we easily got out of the pit of mess we both created but no, it didn't end like that. Instead we both had stayed silent, still sitting on the hood of my car and waiting for something other than our silence to happen.

"I'm not happy happy Jack." I finally say followed by a sigh, "I wish I was, I do really. I just don't love Sammy the way I used to."

"Before I came along." He fixed.

I closed my eyes shaking my head as if I couldn't believe what conversation I was having right now. It seemed fake everything happening right now felt like a sad but horrible romance movie.

"But with my family and his family, we are supposed to work." I explained further, "In the beginning I did like him Jack, but everyday he turns more and more into my dad and I can't stand it because I can't stand my dad."

I could tell that he wanted to let me rant, I would've to if it weren't for my own anxiety holding me back from saying too much.

"I hate feeling like I'm forced into being someone I'm not." I say, "I don't wanna be the preachers daughter, or the choir boys girlfriend, or-"

"Charlie trust me when I say I understand." He stopped me realizing the way my hands were flying around I was getting worked up, "My dad is the sheriff remember? I'm supposed to be the most obedient damn thing in the world."

I didn't take that into consideration. Jack had a bad reputation even though everyone thought he'd turn out fine. Whereas I had the best reputation but here I was basically lingering closer and closer to the dark side each day.

"You make it different." I admit making him look down at me, "The minute you showed up it made everything different."

I let out a long sigh before leaning my head onto his shoulder and he let me. Our arms brushed against each other and I had felt his fingers tangle with mine as we both enjoyed the comforting silence.

"Let's go to the peak." He suggested standing up from the hood of the car where I had stayed looking up at him walk over to the drivers side.

"Right now?" I questioned raising an eyebrow.

The slamming of the car door had been a definite yes. I got up from the hood and sliding into the passengers side digging my keys out from my pocket and handing them to Jack who had started the car.

It wasn't until we pulled away that I had acknowledged James and Jordan still inside probably wondering about both of our disappearance. It wasn't going to be long before they both found out anyways - Jordan had gotten the gist of it and James didn't bother to care.

I pulled my phone from my jacket pocket and staring at the few missed calls from my dad and Sammy. I didn't even want to think about them right now, I couldn't. Just the thought of my dad knowing what I could possibly be doing had made me nervous but at this point I could care less.

Sammy would probably keep him company.

It was almost four by the time we had reached the peak which meant we had about two and half hours to kill before sunset and we'd have to head back into town. The disadvantages of wanting to get away was the terrible close to a hour drive to get away.

We had parked in our usually spot sitting in the car for a moment and watching the scenery in front of us. I had barely gotten out and was so used to driving down the same roads whether it was home, church, or school.

I took my seatbelt off relaxing into the seat and letting my eyes rest.

"You make it different too." Jack finally said. I had kept my eyes closed and tried not to react, "I'm used to being secretive and keeping on the down low but I don't like being your secret."