Chapter 16

"Vale really does go all out on their celebrations don't they?" I asked as Ruby, Weiss, Blake, Yang, and I walked down the decorated streets of Vale.

"Yeah this place is covered in so many decorations." Ruby said as she looked around.

"The Vytal Festival! Oh, this is absolutely wonderful." Weiss said happily.

"You're sure are happy to be here Weiss." I told her and she turned around then gave me a wide smile.

"I don't think I've seen you smile this much, Weiss. It's kinda weirding me out......" Ruby said.

"How could you not smile? A festival dedicated to the cultures of the world! There will be dances! Parades! A tournament!"

That sounds awesome!

"Oh, the amount of planning and organization that goes into this event is simply breathtaking!" Weiss finished.

"What?" I asked.

"You really know how to take a good thing and make it boring...." Yang said.

"Sorry but I gotta agree with Yang." I said.

"Quiet you!" Weiss said as we started walking again.

We walked past the blocks that are being decorated to the bland docks.

"Remind me again why we're spending our Friday afternoon visiting the stupid docks?" Yang asked.

"Yeah, you sorta interrupted Jaune's training. Remember?" I asked.

Earlier Today

Jaune, Pyrrha, and I were on the roof in our usual clothes. Pyrrha was watching me and Jaune from the sidelines while Jaune gotten into a fighting stance with his sword.

"Okay Jaune." Pyrrha said while I shifted into a fighting stance and Jaune gripped his sword. "Go!"

Jaune sprinted forward with his sword pointed at me. He swung his sword at me but I blocked with my (W/N)s. Jaune swung downwards heavily and I countered by sidestepping out of the way. While he was distracted punched Jaune. But he pulled his shield up to block my fist. Then he bashed me with his shield making me stagger back. He rushed forward and slashed his sword as fast as he could. But I was able to narrowly dodge it. I retaliated by leg sweeping him which caused him to fall backwards but he rolled back on his feet.

I smiled then transformed my (W/N) into their blaster forms. I fired shots at Jaune but he deflected them with his sword.

"Good Job Jaune." Pyrrha said from the sidelines.

"Thanks Pyrrha." Jaune said as he turned to Pyrrha.

I fired a shot near Jaune's foot which caused him to scream in terror.

"A quick lesson I learned from my mentor. Never drop your guard." I said the last part in a stern tone.

"Y-Yeah." Jaune said.

"Good. Lets go ag-"

"(Y/N)!" I heard Weiss shout.

Jaune and I turned towards the door that allowed entry up here. Weiss walked through said door and walked up to me.

"Come on. We're going on a trip." She said as she grabbed my arm and started dragging me away.

"Hey Weiss I was meaning to ask you can we, I don't know, go to the Vytal Festival Parade when the time comes?" Jaune said which made Pyrrha look sad for some reason.

"Sorry but I already have someone in mind who can take me. Maybe next time." Weiss said as we walked off.

Back to Now