Chapter 34

Beacon Academy....

A usually sunny and chaotic school wasn't doing well on this day. Today was a cold, grey, and gloomy day. Its like the weather knew how to make the world match the tone for what's happening. Because today was (Y/N)'s "funeral".

Just at the end of the bridge of Beacon, off to the side where some trees grew, stood many from Beacon. Teachers, students, and many others was standing in a crowd as they looked down upon an engraved tombstone.

'(Y/N) (L/N) - Everyone's light in the darkness'

All of (Y/N)'s friends, especially the girls, all felt extreme sadness as they looked at the tombstone. They still felt angry that Ozpin wanted them to just give up their search for their friend but kind of liked how he put (Y/N)'s "final resting place" close by so they could visit.

Currently, Ozpin was standing right behind the engraved stone as he was beginning his speech.

"As many of you know we stand here today because of a loss. A loss to a student and a friend to many. Many of you heard of the name (Y/N) (L/N) and many of you know about the things he's done, the hearts he touched, and the people he helped. That why it pains me to say that he's gone and his body was never found. But he died wanting to become the best he could be and he succeeded. Honestly, (Y/N) was one of the strongest people I've met and it's horrible to see him go. So, we stand here to honor him the best we can, like a true Huntsman....... And may we find our beloved (Y/N) one day." Ozpin finished with a sigh before he started heading back towards Beacon.

Once he did, numerous students started lining up to place things like flowers and candles around the tombstone. It was a kind, but sad, gesture that the girls appreciated but they were still in tears. Even when Glynda looked at the scene she shed a tear but she strutted back to Beacon before anyone could notice.

After what seemed like an hour, everyone started heading back to Beacon. It was surprisingly silent, despite the giant mass of students walking back, until someone spoke.....

"Hmph. Good riddance."

That voice.... it could only belong to the biggest asshole at the Academy, Cardin Winchester.

And when he said those words Team RWBY, Joseph, Death, and Zack stopped in their tracks.

"What did you just say?" Joseph asked as he, along with Zack and the girls, turned around.

"I said good riddance. I thought with those ears you would already known that." Cardin said earning a glare from the secret wolf faunus. "(Y/N) was just a wannabe who died playing hero. I mean all he was a idiot who ladies swoon over and thinks that faunus and humans can get along. What a joke!"

SMACK!

With an angry punch, Cardin fell on his ass as he held onto his now bloody nose. You would have expected that the punch came from Yang or Joseph or maybe even Blake or Death... but no. It came from Ruby.

A Ruby that had tears pouring down her cheeks with the most pissed off look EVER!

"D-Don't you EVER talk about him like that-t!" Ruby shouted angrily between sobs before she sped off crying her eyes out.

"Ruby wai-" Weiss reached out to Ruby but was already long gone. "-t....!"

"I'm going to kill you!" Yang shouted as her eyes turned red.

She immediately picked up Cardin by his collar, effortlessly lifting him off the ground, and winded back her arm for a punch. But before she did Joseph stopped her.

"Yang wait!" She glanced at him. "I know you're angry but are you sure (Y/N) would want this?"

"Yes!" She shouted as she made sure Ember Celia was active and ready to fire.