Chapter 23

"Huh, why did he quit?" I asked aloud.

I was sitting between Emerald and Ruby as we watched Mercury just give up on his match against Pyrrha.

"You.... don't even want to try?" Pyrrha asked him.

Mercury shrugged and said "What's the point? You're a world renowned fighter. We're obviously leagues apart."

"But he actually was holding up a good fight...." I said to myself confused. "....he did way better than what Cardin did." I smirked.

"In that case.... Pyrrha Nikos is the victor of the match.... again." Glynda said.

As Glynda said that the giant screen that displayed Pyrrha and Mercury's aura, his shot down from green to red. But for some reason Mercury snickered at the sight which I could tell made Pyrrha annoyed.

"Next time you might want to think a little harder before choosing an opponent." Glynda told Mercury.

"I'll be sure to do that." Mercury said as the bell rang.

"That is all for today. And remember, the dance is this weekend. But you all have your first mission on Monday. I will not accept any excuses." Glynda announced as everyone started heading out of class

Right before I could head out the door "Mr (L/N) can you please stay here?" Glynda asked.

I slowly turned around and walked down the steps as everyone left class. 

"Yes Ms Good?" I asked which she rolled her eyes at.

"Mr (L/N) I asked you to stay because you've seemed very.... anxious in class today." She said.

"Anxious?" I said.

"For every time I choosed a pairing to fight you would sink down in your seat as if you were trying to hide yourself. Why is that?" She asked.

"Oh, well, do you remember when I said that my semblance goes onto further levels?" She nodded. "Well when my semblance does that I kinda.... explode." I said.

"Explode?" She asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Yeah. It's just that my body has to get used to the new power. And since my semblance changed again I'm afraid that the explosion might be way bigger." I explained.

"I see...." Glynda said. "Well there's no one here now."

"Yeah...."

"So tell you what. I'll left you release your power while I'll be safely watching from the sidelines." Glynda said.

"Really? Thanks Ms Good!" I smiled.

She shook her head and walked off to the furthest rows of the arena and sat down. Seeing that she might be at safe distance I closed my eyes and focused.

Ren View

Jaune, Nora, and I are walking back to our dorm as Pyrrha tried figuring out what happened with her fight.

"Pyrrha you heard the guy. He was too worried he'll lose to badly. I mean come on, he is fighting you." Jaune said trying to cheer up Pyrrha.

"No, there was definitely something more than that. The way he looked when he forfeited said something else." Pyrrha said.

"Well whatever it is, it's over now." I said.

As we continued to walk in the corner of my eye I saw Zachary, Retro, and a guy I haven't seen before looking our way.

The new guy has neck length black & white hair, light orange eyes, two small bear ears (one black the other white), and he has one fang peaking from his mouth. He wore a black & white hoodie that's only zipped up halfway with a white T-shirt underneath, black shorts that has a chain going down from a pocket, and black & white checkered sneakers.