Chapter 26

3rd Person View

The Rwby dorm was very calm at this time at night. All the girls were sprawled out on their beds as they were all completely tired from the events of the party. But someone was staring out the dorm window, at the shattered moon that hovered in the sky.

"*sigh* I didn't think tonight would end like this." (Y/N) said as he closed his eyes to remember everything that happened.

Flashback, Earlier Tonight

(Y/N) View

With every step I took closer to the party the more I could hear the music and people at the dance get louder and louder. I felt both nervous and excited as I walked towards the dance. Excited because I get to hang out with all my friends but... I also have this weird feeling... like something big is going to happen....

As I made it to the open door of the party I saw Yang behind a podium with her head looking towards the party, smiling. And when she turned her head back towards me her smile grew even larger.

"(Y/N)! Everyone was wondering where you disappeared off to." Yang said as she stepped from behind the podium.

"Sorry, I was talking to an old friend." I apologized as I scratched the back of my head.

"Well I'm glad you're here." She said as she grabbed my hand.

"You know I'm always going to be here for you guys. I made a promise." I smiled.

"I'm glad you did." She smiled. "Nice suit." Yang said as we walked into the party.

"Thanks. Cinder made it for me." I said.

"Really?" She asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Yeah. She found me while Death, Ren, and I were looking for suits. She said that she made it as a reward for one of Beacon's strongest." I said.

"Thats.... something." Yang said which I shrug my shoulders to.

I then at glanced at Yang's white dress.

"But you look great in that dress though." I said which made Yang's face a little red.

"T-Thank you." She said as we smiled at each other.

"(Y/N)!" I turned my head to see an angry looking Weiss, who was wearing a white dress like Yang's, and a extremely wobbley Ruby, who was wearing a red dress with heels, heading our way. "Where have you been? We were worried sick about you!" Weiss scolded.

"Y-Yeah. Where were y-you?" Ruby asked as she continued to keep her balance on her heels.

"I was talking to a friend. I'm sorry I made you guys worry." I apologized with a nervous smile.

"*sigh* It's fine." Weiss said.

"Great!" I said as I gave Weiss a quick hug, which made her entire face red.

"H-Hey!" Ruby pouted with a slight glare. "Where's my hu-AHH!" Ruby said as she stumbled forward. But luckily I was close enough for her to hug my chest for support. She stared at my chest for a bit before she looked up slowly with a red tint to her face like Weiss.

"Are you okay Ruby? You look like a baby fawn." I said.

"I-I'm fine." She said quickly as she tried stepping back from me, but she immediately fell back into my chest making her face red as her cape. I chuckled a little.

"It looks like the party going great." I said as I glanced around the room.

I could see most of our friends doing different things among the crowd of other students. Robin, Patrick, Sun, and Neptune were talking to each other with a few other students listening in to their conversation before they all started laughing, Harley, Felix, Psyjic, and Kaya were on the further side of the party chatting with each other, Nora talking to Pyrrha as she had a sad look on her face, Ren and a guy with red and white hair was talking to each other near a table that has a bowl fill a red liquid, and Blade, Alice, and Lucy watched Taka and Numpty do what people call... Break Dancing.