Prologue

"It has nothing to do with you."

"I'll see you when I'm back."

"Sakura, thank you."

His words are forever embedded in Sakura's mind. Two years ago, in the gate of Konohagakure, Sasuke had bid his farewell with a forehead poke and promise to bring her on his next journey. Sakura still felt Sasuke's touch on her forehead just on the rhombus shape Byakugou Seal that's proof of her strength in Medical Ninjutsu and beauty. Her hand grazed her forehead and a smile tugged on her lips.

"Sasuke-kun's touch was so warm and soft." She said and smiled wider.

"Daydreaming again, Sakura?" Ino's voice startled her out of her wits and she arranged her desk full of paper works.

After the war, Sakura decided to help the children deal with the anxiety and trauma left by the 4th Great Shinobi War.

"I-ino! What brought you here?" She asked, almost flustered that she caught her smiling like an idiot while touching her forehead.

"Lord Sixth called you in his office. Get your lazy ass there before Naruto came barging in here."

Sakura blinked. Naruto was called too? She stood and asked Ino to take care of the hospital while she's gone.

Sakura went straight to the Hokage's office. Meeting Shikamaru who gave her a knowing look along the way. When she opened the door to the Hokage's office, she was met by an impatient looking Naruto who was on the verge of flying through the roof. Sakura's eyes drifted to their white-haired Sensei who was holding a scroll in hand.

A mission? But Naruto had just gotten married to send him on a mission right away.

"Ah, Sakura, you're here." Kakashi addressed her and the pinkette bowed her head in respect.

"Sakura-chan! We've got very great news! It's Sasuke-teme! You heard me?! Sasuke-teme's on the way back to Konoha." Naruto said, or more like shouted.

Sakura had to stop for a second to fully let Naruto's words sink in her mind.

Her eyes slowly widen and her heart suddenly picked its pace.

"S-sasuke-kun... is going back....home?" She said slowly as she looked at the scroll that her Sensei was holding.

Slowly, her eyes lit up and her lips form into a wide grin.

"Sasuke-kun is going back home." She said and almost jumped in joy. Her grin never wavers until a certain blonde stepped in front of her with an eyebrow raised.

"I knew it! You're still in lo-"

Naruto didn't have the liberty to finish his sentence as Sakura's fist came in contact with his face, sending him flying across the room. Kakashi looked at his former students and sighed. Some things never change.

"Oy, quit it you two. Let's head to the gate and welcome Sasuke."

The three of them did not waste a second to walked towards the Konoha gate. While waiting in front of the open gate, Sakura couldn't help herself but relive some memories.

This gate witnessed a lot of things. It saw every Shinobi that came and go. Shinobis who walked past the gate with a promise to come back home again. Shinobis from another village who walked inside with a welcoming atmosphere that state they are always welcome at home.