Chapter Thirty-Eight: Interlude-Sasuke and Sakura

(Sorry author-senpai actually felt bad with last chapter's cliffhanger. So, in return, I present to you a sweet Chapter. Read at you own risk, cuteness level is bearable but even author-senpai felt kyahhhhh>•<)
.
.
.
.
.

Sasuke slipped in and out of consciousness. Sometimes he could hear voices and hush whispers before sliding towards slumber again. The only thing that kept him being aware of his surroundings was the pain. His body ached with exhaustion. But the pain had numb down a while ago.

Three months had gone by as he searched for that godforsaken scroll. That night, Sasuke remembered the things that occurred in those time.

_____

To bend space and time and slip to one dimension to another is an exhausting ability as much as it is handy. And Sasuke, upon reaching the capacity of his visual prowess was finally able to pinpoint the location written on the map.

The whole place was surrounded with dark sand and not too far was a temple. When he entered the place, cold wind instantly wrapped around his body and Sasuke knew something was not right. Not when he could see a shadow creeping behind the dark corners of the temple.

Sasuke's senses sharpened the moment he set foot on unknown territory. He has his guard up from the beginning, catching the shadow lurking around.

"Uchiha Sasuke, huh?" The voice spoke, it echoed through the empty walls of the temple and it somehow resembled the voice of someone familiar to Sasuke.

When the shadow lurked towards the moonlight, Sasuke finally saw its face.

"You must be kidding me," he said as he eyed the man up and down. "Seriously, this is annoying."

The person standing in front looked exactly like Naruto. And Sasuke can't help the annoyance he felt as his eyes bore towards the impostor. An illusion perhaps? Like the one from the cave. Quite lucky Sasuke got Naruto, otherwise if it was Sakura, the young Uchiha doubt he could deliver that flying kick he just did towards Naruto.

"Have you no qualms kicking your friend like that?" The impostor grunted as he stood. Sasuke fought the urge to roll his eyes.

"If you're him, you wouldn't be kicked down that easily."

Sasuke looked around as shadows creep from the corners towards the moonlight. It turned, there were a bunch of them who looked exactly like Naruto. It's quite annoying as Sasuke sighed. He readied his katana and charged.

"You may look like him," Sasuke said. "But you're not as nearly as good as that idiot."

That's right, the impostor was merely fighting with taijutsu. They may be at jonin level but it's easy. At least that's what Sasuke thought at first.

But exhaustion started to pull the Uchiha down. Not to mention the annoying trick that when he beat one another five would appear. Sasuke lost count at around fifty something when he started to feel the ache in his joints. It was supposed to be his last resort but since he already caught the scroll, Sasuke decided to use amaterasu to get rid of the impostor.

After releasing the jutsu, Sasuke's eyes started to blur. He shook his head as he put the scroll inside his cloak. It was then he realized that his body sustained quite a few wounds but not too severe. He was just plainly exhausted with using his visual prowess.