Chapter Thirty: Wherever You Are

A/n

First of, guys I'm having a slight-ish problem with the last Chapter. I've published it a few hours and it has NO READ. I don't know if I was the only one seeing it or you guys as well. Hope it gets fixed. But hey, who cares bout that? As long as you guys can read it!

Speaking of which, I got so excited reading your comments so I wanted to publish the next Chapter as soon as I can and here it is!

Hope you guys would enjoy it! And please don't be disappointed by the end of the Chapter.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

When Sakura and the sand siblings left the Hokage's office, Gaara requested to go to the children's clinic that Sakura and Ino built after the war. When they arrived, they proceeded towards the small park where they sat on the bench under the big oak tree. It has been a while since Sakura has last seen Gaara, last time he offered them a suite at Sunagakure during their festival and Sakura couldn't be more thankful. Though they left without notice because of those men who were after Sasuke's eyes. Now that Sakura remembered it, they still haven't apologized for leaving like that.

"Lord Kazekage, I'm sorry for leaving without informing you after the festival. After showing such hospitality, it was wrong of us to leave in such a way."

Gaara nodded. "Don't think much about it, Sakura."

"So, what is it you wanted to tell me?"

"Remember when I mentioned about the Kage meeting the other night during dinner?" Temari asked, crossing her arms as the pinkette stared at her. Sakura couldn't grasp the fact how the meeting had something to do with her.

"Well, Gaara here asked Lord Hokage a favor." Sakura averted her eyes from Temari and stare at Gaara who was looking at the distance where children were playing tag.

"Sakura, you were one of the finest and the best medical ninja of our generation." Sakura blushed slightly with the compliment as she doesn't know how to respond to it. Thankfully Gaara continued speaking.

"I lived a childhood without friends and I was treated like a weapon of mass destruction by my father. So even now, as I've walked the path enlightened by Naruto, I still have a hard time grasping children's hearts because I've never experienced having one when I was a kid."

Somehow, in the midst of Gaara's short monologue, Temari had gone towards the children playing dodgeball leaving Sakura and Gaara on the bench.

"I know the children are the hopes of the future. But I'm afraid the children in Sunagakure would grow with fear embedded by the fourth great shinobi war. When Lord Hokage told me about this clinic and how you and Yamanaka Ino built this for the purpose of helping children forget about the war, I was really impress."

Sakura started to get a grasp at what Gaara wanted to tell her. The favor that he asked Kakashi. Sakura was starting to realize what the young Kage was about to tell her.

And she doesn't feel like she wanted to confirm her suspicion.

But as Gaara uttered his next statement, Sakura knew all too well her suspicions were true.

"Sakura, I wanted to build a clinic like this in Sunagakure and helped the children in my Village forget the fear from the war. I wanted to see them smile like these children. As the Kazekage, it is my responsibility to do that. But I don't have enough experience to."