Chapter Twenty-Four: Training Part 1

(Quick a/n:

To those who are living in countries affected by Covid-19, I hope you guys are fine! Stay indoors, stay healthy and stay hopeful that one day the whole world will be Covid free! Dattebayo!)
.
.
.
.
.
.

Another week had passed. And then another. Until Sasuke realized that he's been staying in Konoha for more than a month now. He wasn't bothered by how fast the days had gone by. He somewhat expected to lose track of time. What with all the events, bumping into Naruto, occasional lunch with him at Ichiraku, and of course each night he would come to pick Sakura at the Hospital and by the next morning he would go to the forest near the border of the Uchiha Compound to train.

It became a routine to him. Until one day, Sakura told him something.

"I'm going to train with you, Sasuke-kun," she said first thing in the morning and Sasuke blinked at her.

He put down the mug of coffee on the table. "And the Hospital?" He asked.

"I asked for a two-day off. Besides, there's nothing much to do in the Hospital," she explained as she sat.

Sasuke hummed and nodded, finishing the mug of his now lukewarm coffee. Right after they ate breakfast, Sakura changed into her training outfit, putting on her forehead protector and gloves. Sasuke was already standing at the door by the time Sakura finished changing and the two were off to the forest near the border to train. What a good way to start off the day.

Sakura got two days off at the Hospital. Sasuke agreed to train with her. Just the two of them. A whole day with Sasuke, alone. It's been a while since they spend a day together, just the two of them. And Sakura couldn't help but feel giddy and excited.

Until a certain yellow haired lad stopped in front of them.

"You're blocking the way, dobe," Sasuke said, looking at Naruto trying his hard to suppress the glare that's about to overtake his nonchalant expression. It's so early and Naruto is already here to ruin his precious day with Sakura.

"Where're ya two off to?" He asked, to which Sasuke just ignored because he knew if Naruto know where they're off to, he'd come with them.

It's not like Sasuke doesn't want to train with Naruto. He's been training with him once in a while. But today, he wanted it to be just him and Sakura.

Just when Sasuke thought that Naruto let go of the subject, someone else appeared.

"Kakashi-sensei?" Sakura asked, a bit surprise to see the sixth Hokage, strolling around the Village.

"Ah, Sakura, Sasuke. Off to train?" He asked, looking at their outfit. Naruto, who was walking a few feet away suddenly stopped, his ear comically got bigger as he slowly turn around and made a mad dash towards Sasuke.

"You didn't tell me you're off to train Sasuke-teme!" Naruto yelled beside Sasuke who just sighed in defeat. Naruto is practically clinging to him by now and it's impossible to ditch him.

"Hey Naruto!" Sakura yelled, irkmark on her forehead as she advanced to Naruto, ready to punch the living daylight out of him.

But before the pinkette could do that, and Sasuke hoped she did, Kakashi stood between them. Holding an all too familiar thing in his hand.

"Say, why don't we all train together eh?" He said, shaking the two bells he's holding.

"Whoever didn't get the bell will have to treat us lunch," he said, eyes closed in mischief.