Chapter Twenty-Nine: A Sudden Turn of Events

Sakura woke up with a start. She lie on the bed for a few seconds, eyes fix on the ceilings as she remembered the events of last night. Last night was eventful. Too eventful that it took the pinkette a few seconds to remember all of it. From all the relationship revelations to her announcing that she's pregnant.

That's right, Sakura blurted out the words herself like it's the most obvious thing in the world. Unless it wasn't. And everyone was surprise to the point that even Karui asked who the father was to which Sasuke replied with a glare that shut the Kumo shinobi.

Sakura could feel her face reddened at the mere thought that her friends knew about it. Of course her embarrassing thoughts did not stop her nausea as she run to the bathroom. And there goes her morning sickness. What a way to start off the day.

"You're not going to train today?" Sakura asked right after they had eaten breakfast. Sasuke just shook his head as he took a scroll that Sakura had just notice he was holding.

"What's that?" Sakura asked, joining Sasuke in the living room.

"It was from Kakashi. He sent it this morning," Sasuke said before untying the ribbon around the scroll using his teeth. Sakura looked at it with a frown.

The pinkette always had a good instinct, she didn't know why but somehow her instinct got sharper as she stare at the scroll feeling something suspicious about whatever's written on it.

When Sasuke opened the scroll, his eyes scan its content as Sakura watched him intently. She noticed the frown starting to form on his forehead. His eyes also changed into something akin to a glare as the seconds passed by.

Sasuke read the message over and over again. No matter how he look at it, or even read the content backwards, Kakashi's message was clear as day.

"Sasuke-kun, what's wrong?" Sakura asked, a bit cautious as she notice Sasuke's face that was scaring her a bit.

The Uchiha sighed and closed his eyes before gripping the scroll. He opened his eyes and looked at Sakura, the glare now soften as Sasuke stare at the pinkette.

"Yesterday, you asked me to tell you about what I told my brother at the Naka Shrine, right?" Sasuke asked to which surprised Sakura. It surprised the pinkette at how Sasuke changed the topic like she wouldn't notice it. But Sakura just nodded.

"Let's go to Naka Shrine."

Sakura was confused. Sasuke didn't answer her question, he even went on to open yesterday's topic to dodge her question. But Sakura doesn't want to press on the subject, he would tell her about the message, but not now.

After getting ready, the two went out of the apartment and headed to Naka Shrine without bumping into anyone on the way to the Uchiha Compound.

Sakura was instantly welcome with the fresh breeze from the forest as they walked up the steps toward the Shrine. The sound of wind swooshing through leaves made Sakura feel at ease as she held Sasuke's hand. The fresh summer air was also relaxing as they walked towards the Shrine.

There was silence for a moment as they enjoyed the lull of the summer breeze until Sasuke spoke.

"I told my brother about you," he said. "I told him about the future I envision with you."

Sakura felt a sudden warmth enveloping her chest as she let go of Sasuke's hand and sat on the grass floor. She pat her lap as Sasuke stare at her in confusion.