Chapter Nineteen: Back To Where They Started

"Sakura, are you awake?" He asked first thing in the morning. Sakura stirred in her sleep, her eyes fluttering open, staring towards the voice of an all too familiar young man.

There stood Sasuke, in all his manly glory, his body lean yet muscular at the same time. His onyx hair dripping wet, an indication that he had just gone from the shower. Sakura's eyes raked his body, from his flat and toned abdomen, her eyes travelling upwards to his chest and his neck. His neck that displayed the remnants of last night's activity.

And when Sakura's eyes settled on the Uchiha himself, her mind went into replay mode. Slowly, her eyes widen, as the cogs started to run her thoughts had gone wild. All of a sudden she was wheezed back to what happened last night. It's as if she could suddenly feel the warm breath fanning her neck, the soft lips sealing her lips, warm hand all over her body.

What just happened last night?

A bit worried that Sakura was silent for about two minutes now, Sasuke decided to call her name again.

"Sakura–"

"Did we do it?" But before Sasuke could finish, Sakura asked out of the blue and suddenly jolted from the bed. But gasped as she felt a different kind of ache between her legs. Sasuke was by her side in a blink that Sakura was almost startled.

"Are you alright?" He asked rather calmly instead of answering her question. It was enough answer to her question though and Sakura felt her face reddened.

Sakura slowly turned to Sasuke, his face in its usual stoic yet somewhere in those emotionless feature was a speck of a certain glint that Sakura had only seen in his eyes. She was so drawn that she failed to hear what Sasuke was saying until she noticed that the young Uchiha was actually talking.

"I'm sorry Sasuke-kun, can you repeat that?" Sakura asked sheepishly, scratching her forehead as she looked at Sasuke through her lashes.

"I said if you're feeling better, I'd like to go back to Konoha and pay a visit to Naka Shrine."

But why though? Sakura's silent question was quickly answered as she realized that today was Sasuke's birthday and he wanted to visit the Uchiha Compound to pay respect.

"Sure, Sasuke-kun. I'll just get ready in a few." Sasuke straightened and walked to where his clothes were, leaving Sakura to fend for herself.

Ignoring the now dull ache, Sakura proceeded to take a warm long bath that helped her ease her rising heartbeat. When she was finished, she passed by the mirror that was a bit hazy from the fog in the shower. For a second she caught a glimpse of herself and Sakura halted in front of the mirror, wiping the steam to see a clearer view of her reflection. The first thing her eyes landed on was the red mark resting on her neck. Just by looking at it Sakura felt heat surged up her face dusting her cheeks a crimson tint.

Somehow she felt as if the events of last night were nothing but a whispered dream that was far out of reach to even be considered real.

But the proof was right there, the mark on her neck and not to mention the ache between her legs that was fortunately beginning to dull down.

Once Sakura was ready and all dressed up, the two proceeded towards the path back to where they started; Konoha.

_____

Sakura felt like she's been away from Konoha for a long time. What with everything that has transpired in their journey, it does felt like months had gone by. When the two neared the Konoha Gate, it was almost past noon. The guards recognizing the medical elite and her companion instantly opened the gate and welcomed the two.

The familiar warm air greeted them as they stepped inside the Hidden Leaf. As they walk, the two passed a certain bench and Sakura halted for a second to stare at the lone bench that had witness heartbreaks and hope. This bench was the mute witness of how a twelve year old Uchiha decided to abandon everything and left the young pinkette crying after his back. Sakura's eyes linger far too long on the bench, nostalgia swirling in her.

"Sakura?" Sasuke asked. This time, a frown plastered on his forehead. What in the world is happening to Sakura? The woman kept on spacing out since this morning.

The said woman blinked and shook her head before turning to Sasuke who was now in front of her. Slowly her eyes travelled down towards his outstretched hand. Sakura looked at it, was she suppose to take his hand?

Sasuke, realizing that Sakura was just staring at his hand, without taking any action to take it, decided to put his hand down and turned around to walk. An inaudible sigh escaped his lips. Looks like Sakura was still in a daze considering what happened last night.

Sasuke hasn't still taken a few steps when he felt a hand grabbed his own. Sakura stood beside him, giving his hand a gentle squeeze before they proceeded towards the Uchiha Compound.

Once they arrived, Sakura stood a few steps behind Sasuke as he pray silently in front of the Shrine. His eyes were closed, reliving the memories he had with his parents and brother. The whole surrounding was peacefully quiet, even the river was at a lull. Once in a while the wind would blow, the trees swaying and leaves falling from its branches. Sasuke finished his prayer by thanking his brother for everything he had done for him before opening his eyes and turning around.

There not too far stood Sakura, her hair flowing nicely as the wind glided. Perhaps he also has one thing to be thankful of. And that was the gift of the present.

"Let's go," Sasuke said. It was already passed noon and hunger is slowly making their way to their system.

But before he could start to walk, Sakura called him. Her eyes darted to the sides, as if she wasn't able to look at the man straight in the eye. Her cheeks dusted a dull pink. Her expression reminded Sasuke of the same expression she did two years ago when she asked him to bring her to his journey of atonement. Sasuke swore right then he was almost swayed to bring the pinkette because of the expression she was making. To think that Sakura would pull off the exact same expression now made Sasuke blinked in confusion yet a slow gradual heat rise to his cheeks.

"Sasuke-kun, happy birthday."

The second time she greeted him with a happy birthday and before Sasuke could process what just happened, he felt her soft lips on top of his. Sasuke was too taken aback that he couldn't fight the small tint of blush rising from his cheeks (see picture above >•<).

The small gesture did not last too long yet Sasuke, for some odd reason, still felt the feathery light touch of her lips atop his.

"Let's go, Sasuke-kun."

This time, it was Sakura who offered her hand towards the Uchiha and Sasuke did not think twice to take it as they proceeded to walk. Sakura felt something bubbled up inside her; happiness was what people would typically describe it. But for her, it was something more than happiness and she still has not yet named the feeling. But whatever it is, she knew she'll always feel it whenever Sasuke is around.

The pinkette was extremely excited, and her excitement radiated too much energy that Sasuke could practically feel it too. Unbeknownst to the young Uchiha, Sakura prepared something for him.

A week ago, Sakura sent a letter to their former Sensei, Kakashi, asking the sixth Hokage a certain favor. She asked Kakashi to prepare a party for Sasuke and invited their closest friends. That will happen tonight, and Sakura felt extremely excited indeed.
.
.
.
.
.

Another Chapter for y'all. Thanks for reading!! Vote and comment ♥