Chapter Six: The Journey Begins

The first thing that Sakura thought when she woke up was this;

Today is the day she and Sasuke will go on their journey.

The thought alone made the butterflies in her stomach flutter like crazy as she felt her cheeks heating up. The journey where she and Sasuke will go together. What awaits her is something beyond imagination. They will travel the world together. Just the two of them. No loud, obnoxious yellow haired boy and a closet pervert I-don't-care-about-my-students-but-touch-them-and-I'll-hunt-you-down-to-your-last-bloodline type of Sensei. This times, it'll be just her and Sasuke.

Just her and Sasuke.

Sure, she was there, with everything ready for their journey.

Sakura has her medical kits full of everything she'll be needing. Change of clothes and cloaks. Food pills, water and rice balls. There is only one thing that's missing.

Oh, and it's not a thing.

It's a man. A certain raven haired man is currently missing in action.

"Sasuke...-kun?" Sakura blinked more times than necessary as she eyed the living room. No traces of Sasuke was left. He was not in the kitchen, in the balcony even Sakura gathered all her courage to check the bathroom but he wasn't there.

Could he be..?

Then Sakura caught a piece of paper on the coffee table. She took it and reluctantly unfolded the paper. The writing was a bit messy but she understood the message as clear as day.

I need to leave.
-Sasuke

No! Sasuke isn't that heartless of a man. Maybe if they were back in their teens, Sakura may believe Sasuke really did leave her but now that he's matured and atoned for his sins, there's no way Sasuke could just vanish like that.

Could he?

What if Sasuke realized that bringing her along would be too much of a hassle. Maybe the reason why he was still awake late last night was because he kept on thinking that maybe this journey with her was a complete waste of his precious time. Maybe he thought that Sakura was still the weak crybaby back in their genin days who needed to be saved. Perhaps he thought that bringing Sakura would be a handicap since having only one hand is handicap enough.

Was she not really worth it? After going to such length as to talking to her parents, bowing in front of them showing the utmost respect. After bringing her to the Uchiha Compound and their sacred temple. Was everything just for show. Or maybe an act so Sakura wouldn't feel too sad after living her?

Maybe, after all, he still don't feel the same way as Sakura. Maybe after all this time, it was always a one-sided love. It's a shame how Sakura's got her hopes up high. But still, her love for Sasuke didn't decrease a bit. She waited for years. She know it wouldn't be long before he came back.

It wouldn't take him that long.

Not that long.

At least maybe for a few months or weeks.

But Sakura absolutely did not expect the raven haired man to be back a few hours later.

There, he stood in the doorway, with all his glory already dressed for the journey with his poncho.

Sakura stared at Sasuke as if he's a winged angel sent from above. Her eyes slightly glossy. She could see his mouth moving, he's saying something.

In Sakura's imagination, probably because she's in a state of confusion, she could hear Sasuke.

"I forgot something important." Sasuke walked slowly, towards Sakura as he kneeled down on the floor in front of her.