Chapter Five: Team 7

"Before we go to our journey, I'll take you to Naka Shrine and to the Uchiha Compound."

Sasuke's words rang in Sakura's ears. He said 'our journey' not his journey. And on top of that he said he'll be bringing her to the Uchiha Compound. Sakura briefly remembered back in their genin days, after every missions they went to, she would offer him to walk with him back home. But he would always decline, sometimes even call her annoying. Sakura never really did know what the Uchiha Compound looks like. She knew after the attack of the Nine Tails back when she was still a baby, the Uchiha Clan were force to stay near the border of the Village. So it means the Uchiha Compound is near the forest. Then after Pain's attack, the Naka Shrine was destroyed.

Now, she wonders what it looks like. To be able to go to a place where Sasuke's past resides, she honestly have no idea what to feel.

Right after the sun peak under the horizon, Sasuke and Sakura were off to the Uchiha Compound. The vendors were just about ready to open their stores, cats down the alley yawned as the sun's ray woke them up, birds were chirping loudly as to remind the whole Village that it's morning already.

The two walked side by side in silence. But there came the instance when Sasuke's hand brushed Sakura's hand, and the pinkette would feel her cheeks heat up and she would hide the small tint on her cheeks. Sasuke on the other hand doesn't seem to notice that the longer they walk side by side like that, occasionally brushing each other's hands, Sakura feels the butterflies swarming in her belly intensifies.

When they finally got inside the Uchiha Compound, Sasuke took her to the lake. The sun was just above the horizon, giving the surrounding a masterpiece view of a landscape. The lake had crystals as the sun's ray reflect on it. The wind blew softly carrying the dawn's fog with it.

This was the lake Sasuke would always come to practice every day, hoping that one day, he would be strong enough to get acknowledge by his father. This was the lake that witness how his father finally did acknowledge him, saying the words; "that's my boy" that Sasuke longed to hear once more.

"It's beautiful," Sakura whispered, her eyes gleaming as it reflect the scenery in front.

This place, almost like a paradise, it's hard to believe that a once feared Clan who were suspected of many awful things and accused of doing horrible crimes in the past, resided in a place close to paradise.

The place oozes of calmness and nothing less.

After a few moment of admiring the surroundings, the two proceeded to Naka Shrine, a sacred place for the Uchiha. This place used to be the meeting place of the Uchihas. And inside, under the seventh tatami mat, resides the secret of the past. A secret that changed the course of the Shinobi history. A secret that consumed Madara Uchiha and resulted to the many Wars that ended in the Fourth Great Shinobi War. The stone tablet. Sasuke once read it, back when he was a child, not really knowing what it meant. But now it made clear sense.

The opposite sides that the stone tablet mentioned. The light and the darkness. The legacy of the Sage of Six Paths. Ashura and Indra. Hashirama and Madara.

Naruto and Sasuke.

The generations of two opposite sides fighting one another ended in Naruto and Sasuke. After all, they were the moon and the sun, they are bound to shine when it's their time.

Sakura realized that the Naka Shrine was indeed near the forest. She walked towards a stone with the Uchiha crest. Soon the crest will be embedded on the back of her clothes too. The crest of one of the legendary Clan in Konoha. The clan that treasured love more than anyone.