Chapter Thirty-Three: Interlude-Sakura's Dream

Sakura had a dream.

In her dream, she was still young, her hair swayed as the wind dances around her. Carried by the wind were the petals of a flower she was admiring. It was a beautiful flower, though as a young girl clueless about the world, she doesn't know the name of the flower nor the other dozens of flowers around her. But they were beautiful, mesmerizing. It was as if the flowers had pull her into a spell and her emerald eyes glimmer a hundred times brighter.

"What are you doing?" She heard someone spoke. In an utter surprise, Sakura jumped and hide inside the oak tree.

She took a stuff bunny from the cot and kneeled on the floor as she cradled the toy in her arms. The admiration that glimmered in her eyes changed into a swirl of fear. She gulped as she stayed still. She couldn't hear anything so she decided to sneak a peek, slowly her hand reached the fabric that separated the inside of the oak tree to the forest outside.

Soon as she took a peek, she gasped as the person stood in front, one hand in their pocket and the other halfway through opening the curtain.

Sakura squealed as she took a few steps back and landed on her back, gripping her stuff bunny.

The person took a step inside, putting the curtain on the side as sunlight seeped through the inside of the oak tree.

"You made this?" He asked.

That's right. The person was a boy. No more than a year older than her, around the same age as her. He has big obsidian eyes but she couldn't tell whether it shone with admiration or just pure curiosity. He also has raven hair that was spiked up from the back as some of his bangs fell on his forehead.

"Are you scared?" He asked, sitting in front as he stare at Sakura, head tilting on the side.

Sakura gripped her stuff bunny tighter and pulled it even closer as she nodded. Why was she scared anyways? This boy looks harmless. He couldn't have done anything else that could hurt her physically.

But verbally? She doesn't know. Recently, she's been bullied by some boys a year older than her, saying things like her forehead was so big she should've just better hide it or she better hide from their sight. This boy could also say mean words to her, and that scared her.

The boy looked down, blinking as he offered his hand towards Sakura. She just look at it though, not really sure what to do with it.

"I'm scared too, you know," he said, hand still outstretched towards her. "My mother said if I'm scared, I should hold the hand of someone I trust."

"You trust me?" Sakura asked. Slowly her hand lose its grip around the stuff bunny as she crawled towards the boy.

The boy nodded his head. A few moments after that, he felt the warm hand covered his. Sakura took his hand as they stood up.

"What are you doing here in the forest?" She asked as she stare closely at the boy. She couldn't see his face clearly because of the light source.

"I wanted to train with my brother but he left even before I could put my sandals on. I ran after him and then I–" he trailed off, light blush dusting his cheeks.

"I got lost," he whispered shyly, unconsciously tightening his grip on Sakura. "I don't know my way out so I just walked and walked and then I found you."