Chapter Forty-Two: Women can be Friends Too

(A/N: Author-senpai just wanted to clarify one thing. Yes SasuSaku is unofficially married now. I have prepared some things for the official one but I don't want to spoil everyone by suddenly ranting about it lol. But YES they are married since Sakura is wearing the Uchiha clan crest.)

Love you all here's another Chapter!

.

.

.

.

.

It wasn't until a day and a half later when a hawk came and landed on Sasuke's forearm containing Yamato's message. Orochimaru's location is written on the parchment and Sasuke remembered where the hideout is.

The snow had ceased for the time being and Sasuke contemplated whether to summon susano'o to get to Orochimaru's hideout faster and without hassle. But then again, it would take a great toll of his chakra to do that. Sasuke looked at Sakura and thought about it. It would take them roughly another day to get to Orochimaru's hideout on foot, considering it wasn't that far.

"Will you be fine?" Sasuke asked as he put on his cloak. Sakura just blinked at him. Sure, she's in this state but she doesn't feel tired.

"Don't worry Sasuke-kun, I'll be fine," Sakura reassured the Uchiha and they set off once again.

"We'd arrive in a day. Just tell me if you're tired," Sasuke said and glanced at Sakura beside him. The pinkette smiled hearing his concerned tone. It was rare hearing him sound like that and not to mention, very out of character. But it's what made it all the more heart-warming that Sakura felt a stir in her chest.

When night fell in the forest, Sasuke started a fire while Sakura sat leaning on a nearby tree. She was wearing a cloak hiding her slightly big belly that one might have a hard time telling if she's actually pregnant. 

While Sasuke was busy with what he's doing, his senses are on heightened alert and he would glance at Sakura from time to time. Perhaps this was what Kakashi was talking about being overprotective. He couldn't really help it. The urge to protect the woman carrying his child. He might as well be a wolf like what Kakashi was talking about.

Sasuke pulled Sakura and sat behind her, engulfing her in a protective stance as the pinkette curled towards her and sighed in contentment. 

That night, Sasuke did not get a wink of sleep. It's not like he need to sleep, he could go about days without sleep. He was on full alert the whole night, making sure that no one would be foolish enough to attack them. Because had someone attack them that night while Sakura was in that state, Sasuke doubt he'd be able to stop himself from taking someone's life for good.

****

They arrived at Orochimaru's hideout before nightfall the next day. Yamato, who was guarding the laboratory from outside, greeted them.