Chapter Thirty-Two: For Until we Meet Again

Sakura woke up with a blank thought in her mind. At first it was just a white canvas, until slowly it began to get splatters of ink until the blank canvas started to be full of her thoughts. She thought of yesterday, how she accepted Gaara's request and Ino would be accompanying her too. Then she thought about when she saw Kakashi and Sasuke making preparations for the mission. That's right, all of those will occur today. Today, Sasuke will be off to his mission to gather information. And today, Sakura will be off to Sunagakure to help build a children's clinic.

Sadness could be overwhelming, especially when she's in a state of pregnancy that made her sadness even more unbearable. But somehow, the fact that Sakura could feel the warmth behind her, strong arm snaking around her waist, she was instantly reminded of last night.

She remembered Sasuke asking her if she was alright that Sakura had lost count of how many times he did ask her. Or perhaps her mind just went blank as she gave in to pleasure. The Uchiha made sure not to go overboard, not to give in to lust as he reminded himself that he shouldn't be doing this to someone who's two months pregnant. But Sakura said it's fine. And so he made sure not to hurt her, constantly asking her if she's fine. At one point, they fell into slumber, silently hoping that tomorrow wouldn't come as soon as they close their eyes.

But no matter how they hoped, the night would not stay forever, time would not freeze. And so, as the embers of light started to rise from the horizon, they were reminded that tomorrow has come and it's today.

Sakura was awake five minutes before Sasuke stirred in his sleep. The pinkette couldn't get out of his firm grip so she remained lying on the bed waiting for Sasuke to wake up. And even if Sakura could get out of his grip, she doesn't want to. She wanted to prolong this feeling even if for some more minutes.

"Sasuke-kun?" Sakura asked silently as she felt his warm breath tickling her ear. A few moments later did she only realize he was whispering something.

"Are you feeling well?" He asked. Even as soon as they wake up, he still ask the same question he's been asking consistently last night.

Sakura couldn't help the giggle that escaped her lips as she turn around to face Sasuke. "I'm fine, Sasuke-kun."

"What time is it?" He asked.

"It's still early. We still got two more hours before–" Sakura trailed, she doesn't want to finish her sentence and Sasuke knew that. So, reluctantly, he released his grip of her waist and Sakura slowly get up from the bed. The pinkette was already walking to the bathroom when Sasuke noticed she was wearing nothing but his shirt that he made her wear because she was complaining about being cold and then saying it was too hot.

Sasuke sighed as he lied on his back, arm atop his forehead as he closed his eyes to the sound of the shower running from the bathroom. If it's on any other occasion, he would've been more than happy to tease her into joining in the shower. But the Uchiha doubt if he did that now they wouldn't be going anywhere but the shower, exploring each other's bodies until dusk.

After a wave of nausea and a nice and warm shower later, Sakura stood in front of the bathroom mirror drying her hair. It's become longer than before, going past her shoulder. She decided to leave her hair like that, maybe let it grow longer. As she continued drying her hair, her eyes trailed down her neck. The mirror was a bit hazy and she wipe the fog off to clearly see what's on her neck.

Resting on the crook of her neck, just atop her shoulder blade was a light pink mark that's starting to look red. And it wasn't the only mark, there are two, three and four of those marks on her neck. Sakura blushed madly as she realized what it was.