Chapter Forty: Talk About The Future

Hey guys! It's been a while, sorry for not updating sooner. There were some personal problems but I'm all good. And my phone died down a few days ago and I couldn't open it, so it's my first time typing with my laptop to write this Chapter. Aside from that, my College Professor felt the need to torment us by conducting an online recitation. And author-senpai had been reading some webtoon (she's been hooked up by now).

Why am I ranting about excuses? Anyways, I just wanted to let you guys know! Enjoy the Chapter!

.

.

.

.

.

.

Snow continued to fall since that night. The day after that, despite the cold morning, Sakura felt like she was being engulfed by something warm. Whether it's the man behind her emitting the warmth or the warmth she feels in her chest, Sakura has no idea.

Sakura stirred in her sleep and slowly turned around. The moment she did, her forehead came in contact with Sasuke's lips making the Uchiha stirred as well before opening his eyes and blinking away the sleep.

"Did I wake you, Sasuke-kun?" Sakura asked quietly and Sasuke just stare at her before shaking his head no.

Sakura decided to make some miso soup for breakfast in order to fill and warm their stomach. There was silence between them, comfortable enough to enjoy the warm broth. When they finished eating, Sakura noticed the window slightly covered in fog.

"It was snowing last night," she muttered, looking outside. Sasuke, who heard her, looked at the pinkette.

"Do you want to go outside?" he asked. Sakura looked at him, blinking before she nodded her head. "But it's cold."

"Then you shouldn't have asked, Sasuke-kun," Sakura said with a huffed, unconsciously puffing her cheek like a child would do. Sasuke found the expression oddly adorable. He didn't know where such thought came but somehow made Sasuke chuckle.

"What is it?" Sakura asked, sounding a bit annoyed.

"Your expression just now. It kind of reminded me of the time when I was a child."

That's right. Those times when Sasuke used to be easily annoyed by his brother who always ditched him to training with a poke on his forehead that Sasuke used to find irritating but grew to like the gesture and became his ultimate show of affection for Sakura.

"What expression?" Sakura asked, this time her annoyance was visible as she frown and puffed her cheek again. Sasuke couldn't help but poked her forehead.