Chapter Thirty-One: Parting Gift

For some odd reason, the days that used to pass so slow had gone too fast. And just like that, six days had already gone by like a blur swooshing past, and by tomorrow Sasuke would be off to his mission to gather information regarding the scroll.

The last six days were eventful that Sakura almost forgot Sasuke would be gone by tomorrow. And when she woke up this morning, she was instantly reminded of it. She stood in the shower letting the water glide down her body as she thought about Gaara's request over and over in her head.

She still hasn't given the young Kazekage an answer yet. But Sasuke said he is fine with whatever she decides, whether to accept the favour or not.

So that morning, right after breakfast, the pinkette decided to look for Gaara and tell him her answer.

But as Sakura walks outside, the one she came across with was not the young Kazekage. But rather a bubbly blonde waving her hand towards Sakura.

"Ino," Sakura said as the blonde stopped in front of her, holding a tulip that Sakura just noticed. When Ino realized Sakura was staring at the tulip, the girl couldn't help her squeal.

"Sai gave this to me this morning. He can be sweet sometimes. Though most of the time he's as weird as he can get."

Sakura laughed at her best friend's remark as they walked together. "Where are you off to this early?"

"I was looking for Gaara," Sakura answered.

"Eh? Haven't seen him yet."

After a few moments of silence, Ino looked around Sakura and frowned. "Where's Sasuke-kun?" Ino asked curiously. For the past few days she's been noticing that Sakura was always with Sasuke, either strolling around the Village or eating at a barbecue house.

"Sasuke-kun went to the Hokage's office, he said he has a lot of things to settle before-" Sakura trailed off, suddenly a wave of sadness washed over her as she remembered that tomorrow, Sasuke will leave the Village. "-leaving," she finished in a whisper.

Ino sighed and linked her arm around Sakura's arm as she grin. "Come on forehead, cheer up! It's not like Sasuke's the only one you have to think of now." Ino looked down on Sakura's stomach. It was still unnoticeable, her stomach was still flat but Sakura knew that a baby was peacefully having their slumber there.

Sakura smiled and let the sadness be forgotten momentarily. "Hey pig! And it's not like I'm the only one who found her other half."

Ino's face reddened as Sakura wiggled her eyebrows and pointed at the tulip she was holding.

"By the way Sakura, you said you were looking for Gaara?" Ino asked, halting momentarily as she looked at Sakura who nodded in return.

"Could it be, that Gaara asked you about the favour too?" Ino asked and Sakura frowned.

"About his plan to build a clinic for the children of the war?"

Ino nodded. "Temari asked me a week ago. I haven't told them anything yet though."

Realization slowly crept at Sakura and Ino as their eyes widen and they stare at each other.

"Wait does that mean-?" Ino trailed off.

"We'll be going to Sunagakure together?" Sakura finished and Ino squealed.

"We'll be going together!" The blonde said as she engulfed the pinkette in a hug.

Sakura couldn't fight the smile as it graced her lips. After thinking about it for the last few days, Sakura had decided to accept Gaara's favour to help build a clinic for the children in Suna. As a medical ninja and someone who would soon become a mother, she couldn't just ignore the children who have been traumatized from the war. And Sakura thought that keeping herself busy wouldn't allow her to miss the Uchiha much as she would've if she's staying in Konoha.