Chapter Eighteen: The Only Thing I Can Give You Right Now

As a small gift to those who love this fanfic, I have decided to continue this little work of mine. ♥ Hope you enjoy!

Playlist of the Chapter: Wherever You Are by: One Ok Rock

Enjoy the chapter!
.
.
.
.
.

The only thing I can give you right now is...

Sakura watched as the hours ticked by and the night deepens towards midnight. There are times when slumber would refuse to visit her and she would lie awake in the middle of her silent room. And when sleep never took her, her mind would reminisce a lot of memories. Those memories were sometimes funny that it would make her laugh out of the blue. But most of times, in the midst of those refreshing thoughts is the sadness and sorrow that comes along with it.

Three years and she was running after the back of a man who refused to acknowledge her. Three years and she so desperately stretch her hand to grab the man. By then another two years had gone by and the man was finally at arm's reach. He was so close she could hold him and never let go.

"Sasuke-kun?" Sakura called, her voice was soft and low, a mere whisper in the silent room.

"Hm?" Sasuke hummed in return. Their voices were mere whispers, careful not to shatter the silent that consoles them.

As the pinkette counted the last embers of the seconds left before midnight, she slowly turned to the ravenette. Her eyes close as she leaned in, their foreheads touching ever so passionately. And when the last seconds do finally ticked by, indicating that it was already midnight, Sakura opened her emerald eyes.

"Happy Birthday, Sasuke-kun."

And when everything seems to fall into the right places, it was as if all the sadness and sorrows of the past were but a distant dream.

"Thank you, Sakura."

And when the embers of hatred died down, a new spark of love would light up. It was as if all the things that occurred in the past happened for the purpose of this very moment.

The only thing I can give you right now, is the happiness you never felt for the last five years. Is that enough, Sasuke-kun?

And the only thing I can give you in return, is the promise of forever. That's more than enough.

It was as if they were pulled in a dream where everything comes into possibility. As they drew closer it was as if the moon was embracing the radiant sun. They were so close, lips sealing each other with an unspoken promise that only the two of them knows about.

Their bodies drawing close..

Closer...

So close that they could literally feel each other's warmth from their heated skin.

The article of clothing had become a bother as they rid themselves off of it. Yet the heat did not subside. If possible it had become worse. The best kind of worse.

His breath fanned her neck, a spot where she felt so vulnerable more so that her cheeks begin to redden when she felt his lips on the spot she knew would be left with a red mark by tomorrow.

She felt extremely vulnerable, but the feeling soon fade as she was sent to a world of bliss and ecstasy.

It was a feeling the two were not accustomed. But soon after they gave in to instinct, the new unfamiliar feeling begin to subdue into something they knew they have been longing for.

No words were needed and uttered but the soft whispers of moans and whimpers dictated the atmosphere of love and passion.

The two had become one. And from that moment they knew they would never be the same. Not the same twelve year old kids, one who strayed from the right path and the other who blindly ran after the man she loves. Not the same sixteen year old teens, one with the eyes set for revenge and the other with the plea to rescue hatred-filled man. No, they weren't the same young teens who had no idea of what is ahead of them.

Because that night, they found out what true love is.

"I may not have anything else to give you. I don't have a ring nor a ceremony to pledge my love. I may not have anything else but the only thing I can give you right now is the promise that wherever I go you are always right here."

He held her hand, placing her palm close to his chest. Sasuke did not feel embarrass to show Sakura how fast his heart was beating. His breath fanning her head as he tried so desperately to calm his nerves. But that might be impossible.

Sakura scoot closer, her head resting on his chest where his heart was thumping so loud and so fast. It was a silent proof that he was, after all, human. She leaned in her ear to listen to the heartbeat of the man who once threw away everything he had. He may be the man who has the same name, the same features. But Sakura knew he was no longer the same man with hatred-filled eyes.

And Sakura felt relief surged towards her when her mind processed what Sasuke said and repeated it many times in her head before responding.

"And the only thing I can give you right now, is the assurance, that wherever you are, you will always have a home where you can return to whenever you feel tired from your journey."

It was the first time they felt so close to each other. The first time they felt really close that they did not let go of one another even once until the first sparks of the sun rise from under the horizon.

We still have a long journey ahead

Please always, always

Until death, stay with me

For us, the day we should celebrate the most is the day we first met

So, the second day we should celebrate the most is the one we call today

Whatever you say you're always on my mind

I promise you forever right now.

.
.
.
.

If you guys didn't know, my favorite band is One Ok Rock. And so, I have included their song Wherever You Are as the song of this Chapter and included some of the lyrics at the end. You can check them out if you're interested, they make really great songs.

This Chapter is short but it was written solely for the purpose of showing that scene between Sasuke and Sakura. I was a bit uncomfortable writing smut so I tried my best to express the scene through romanticizing it and making it passionate without any lewd words.

But long story short- YES THEY DID IT!!!!

And I'm back!! Now who's ready for the next Chapter?

Don't forget to leave a vote and a comment. I enjoy reading comments! Thanks for reading! ♥