Chapter Twenty-Eight: Barbecues and Tomatoes

Ino left after making sure that Sasuke and Sakura are going to the barbecue party she decided out of the blue. And not to mention, the blonde left happily skipping on the steps down Sakura's apartment saying that she'll tell their former classmates about the event later this evening. On any other occasion, Sakura would match Ino's energetic self. But the pinkette doesn't feel all energetic to say the least.

Sakura was walking back to the bedroom when she suddenly remembered something.

That's right, she's been having this weird attitude towards Sasuke that on any normal given situation would be impossible. But Sakura blamed it on hormones. She knew her mental ordeal is being affected with pregnancy hormones.

She turned around, ready to blurt out an apology when Sakura came face to face with a chest. Sasuke was too close, standing right in front of her as he brushed her hair away from her forehead, he leaned in for a light feathery kiss just right beside the rhombus shape seal that contains the byakugou.

Sakura's eyes widen in surprise as she felt his cold lips touched her forehead for no more than a few seconds before leaning out to look at her.

"Are you alright now?" Sasuke asked. His gentle voice in contrast with his deadpanned expression. But Sakura found it adorable, she never knew he could muster such tone of voice.

Sakura nodded and released the small grip she never notice she had on his sleeve. "I'm sorry about earlier. Where did you go?"

Sasuke had a slight frown for a second, a bit confused as to why Sakura was apologizing, but then the little confusion turned into a realization and Sasuke nodded his head before moving on to answer her question.

"I went to Naka Shrine."

Sakura nodded.

"I talked to my brother." Sakura looked at Sasuke, for a second she almost saw the longing in his eyes.

"Tell me all about it?" Sakura asked, tilting her head waiting for his answer.

Sakura only knew little about his parents and even more little about his brother. When they were young, Sakura heard Itachi was a branded rogue and a member of the notorious group Akatsuki. He was also the one who murdered the members of the Uchiha Clan, living only Sasuke alive. But what else does Sakura know? She tried to avoid prodding with his past but there is always a part of her who wanted to know.

"I'll tell you next time," Sasuke said and Sakura pouted. Suddenly she felt his fingers on her forehead and the pinkette was reminded of the day Sasuke went to his journey of atonement.

Sasuke did it again, saying next time accompanied with that forehead poke. On any other occasion, Sakura would have blushed like she did so madly when Sasuke first did that forehead poke with a promise to bring her on his next journey. But now, Sakura felt more annoyed than bashful.

She rubbed her forehead and pouted with a deep frown that scream annoyance.

When Sasuke saw her expression, the Uchiha couldn't help but chuckle. Because how could he not? When Sakura looked like him when he was young, always pouting, looking annoyed whenever his brother would poke his forehead like that. The pinkette stomped her foot and walked towards the bedroom and Sasuke still felt his shoulders shaking up and down as he chuckled.

"I guess I know why he always did that," Sasuke said, rubbing his own forehead where his brother always poked him. "She looks cute."

Shaking his head, Sasuke went towards the bedroom, contemplating whether to console Sakura or let her little wave of annoyance wash away.