Chapter Fourteen: A Night Under The Fireworks

(A/n: You guys, I'm so sorry for taking a bit of time updating this Chapter.
.
.
.
.
.
.

How can a Village residing in the midst of a barren desert become this luminescent, tantalizing Village that Sakura couldn't help but be awestruck. When she was a child, she could never imagine Sunagakure like this; lights from different colored lamps and lanterns are displayed all over the place, stalls of food and beverages can be seen wherever you look, children are happily playing tag while holding a stick of sweet cotton candy with varying colors.

That morning, Sakura awoke with a knock on the door. She heard someone opened the door so she suspected it was Sasuke since she felt the emptiness beside her. When she rolled over the bed, she brushed Sasuke's side of the futon and felt the coldness of the sheets so perhaps Sasuke was already up hours before Sakura could wake up. True to her suspicion, the young Uchiha is already dressed and had already gone to the shower.

Temari stood in front, her hands holding two paper bags that Sakura had just only noticed. "Good morning, Temari," Sakura greeted.

"Morning. Had a good night sleep?"

"Hn," Sasuke hummed before walking towards the couch where his katana was placed on the coffee table.

"How about you, got any sleep?" Sakura noticed the all-knowing smile Temari is giving her. It was too early in the morning and Sakura had to fight the blush creeping from her cheeks.

"What brought you this early?" Sakura asked, changing the subject.

"You're well aware that tonight is the Festival, right?" She looked at the two who had a frown resting on their forehead. Was it tonight? As they processed the fact that the Festival was indeed tonight, they nodded slowly.

"So, I'm here to give you these. Gaara said he's expecting to see you two wearing those. He'll be making an appearance later in the Festival." Temari put the paper bags on the coffee table before walking outside as quickly as she came.

Sakura, due to her gnawing curiosity, took one of the bags and pulled out the thing that was inside. Apparantly, the thing was actually a yukata. Judging by the size that is a bit larger and the colour being light blue, Sakura judged that the yukata is for Sasuke. The paper bag is also accompanied by a geta (wooden sandals) and an obi (sash).

"Sasuke-kun, I think this for–"

"I'm not wearing that," Sasuke instantly cut off before Sakura could have the liberty of finishing her sentence.

He took his sheathed katana and stood up from the couch. "I'll be back by afternoon," he said before disappearing to the lobby of the inn.

What was wrong with him? Sakura thought. Does he have some issue with a yukata? Does it makes him any less of a man if he wears one? Sakura shook her head. Better clear her thoughts with a good lukewarm bath and get some of the most delicious breakfast that this inn offers.

The whole day passed in a blur of uneventful happenings, since Sakura just confined herself in the bedroom reading books about medicine that she managed to come across with in the inn's library. When afternoon came and the last embers of the once bright sun had gone down the horizon, Sakura sighed as she closed the book.

It was way past afternoon now, an hour from now the Festival will start. In fact she can already hear the chattering outside and she can see the twinkles of light down the Village and still there was no Sasuke. She wonders where he could be and why hasn't he come back yet.

Sakura decided to take the paper bag where her yukata was. She decided that it's time to change since the Festival is almost about to begin. Her yukata is the same colour as her hair with cherry blossoms adorning the bottom layer of the yukata. She ditched her forehead protector and took a red sash and tied it around her hair like a ribbon. Right after she put on her geta and tied the obi around her waist, she decided to walk outside.