Chapter Two: Meeting The Parents

(A/n: Any thoughts about the new cover I made? Hope you guys like it as much as I do! Alrighty! On with the Chapter!)
.
.
.
.

Sakura planned to cook tomato soup for dinner, because first it was easy to make and second she learned that tomatoes were Sasuke's favourite.

But the thing is, it was her first time cooking dinner for someone. She had always been busy with her work after the 4th Great Ninja War so she didn't have time to comprehend things such as cooking. Oftentimes she would grab a bite at some Restaurant or Ino and the others would invite her for some get together. But cooking dinner? She would arrive at her apartment so late that the first thing she always do was collapse on her bed and the next thing she'll know it's morning.

The pinkette just stared at the tomatoes for a good five minutes until she felt a presence behind her.

"Is there something wrong?" Sasuke asked so suddenly Sakura almost jumped in surprise.

She turned around and managed to chuckle a little awkwardly. She wasn't trying to impress Sasuke by cooking dinner and fail halfway, that's the last thing she'll ever do. "Hey, Sasuke-kun, how about we eat dinner outside? I know a good place to eat dinner, besides Konoha had establish a few Restaurants over the years, I could show you around. Sounds good?"

Her smile, as what Sai always mention, was a bit too force.

"Hn," he hummed and started to walk towards the living room while Sakura followed suit.

Before going outside she briefly reminded herself to ask her Mom about cooking tips for future reference. You know, like cooking meals for her husband and child.

The thought struck Sakura like Kakashi's raikiri that she instantly froze and her face started heating up. Cooking meals for her husband? And child? Sure, she couldn't help but picture a scenario in her head. Where a certain raven haired Shinobi sat on the head of the table with a little kid who resembles him in more ways than one, awaiting their dinner.

Sakura unconsciously sigh in contentment.

Until someone spoke.

"What's wrong? You're acting strange." Sasuke's voice pulled her out of her reverie and she blinked to clear her mind off the thought.

After shaking her head and mentally scolding herself, the two proceeded to walk down the sidewalk in peace. As usual, Konoha was lit by lights and despite it being night, a lot of people still stroll down. Some were chunnins walking home from a mission, others were tipsy men laughing and talking about their nagging wives.

As the two walked in silent, just keeping each other's company without uttering a single word, they were suddenly pulled out of their own train of thoughts when a very unexpected visitor stood before them.

And it wasn't just any other Konoha citizen.

It was Mebuki Haruno. Sakura Haruno's–

"Mom?! What are you doing this late at night?" It wasn't that late but seeing her Mother unexpectedly made her exaggerate things.

"Well I could ask the same to you. You see, your Dad suddenly got the urge to eat yakisoba bun so I bought one."

The mother and daughter started to talk about trivial things that Sasuke had to clear his throat. It was that Mebuki noticed the raven haired youth standing beside Sakura.

"My if it isn't Sasuke!" She said much too exasperatedly than what Sasuke is used to hearing. "Where are you two lovebirds headed at this late at night?"

By hearing the word 'lovebirds', Sakura's cheeks heat up. Her mother can be unpredictable sometimes.

"Mom! We're not like that."