Chapter Thirteen: Fall, All Over Again

"Will the two of you stop acting like that? You're being too suspicious."

Ino hissed at the two certain shinobis behind her. The men stopped fidgeting their clothes and straightened up. "That's right. Just act normal. No one will suspect a thing."

Their disguise was actually good. It was a guise courtesy by the sixth Hokage himself. For a second Ino couldn't help but thought that Kakashi has a hidden talent in disguise, she wonder why is that? Considering he always wore his mask ever since God knows when.

The place, South off the coast of Kirigakure, is a secluded area and only the very skilled shinobis could get past the barriers. Or better yet find the place itself. But of course with the help of the former fugitive and traitor, Orochimura, who is now turning into a new leaf, the trio managed to penetrate the Black Market.

"Let's stick to the plan," Ino said. "We will keep an eye on the three suspects. Sai, go keep an eye on the man called Mao Ri. I'll keep an eye on the one called Madame Akuma. Naruto you keep an eye on the man called Hachi."

The three nodded as they started to walk towards the entrance, each of them going their separate ways. Among the three individuals they've been assigned on, one of them is the man going after Sasuke and his eyes. Whoever that is, they hoped to capture soon or else, something bad will sure to happen.

Although Naruto is sure that Sasuke could've gone and deal with all three of them himself.

_____

The way towards Sungakure was fast. Last time Sakura went there it took her a few days to get to the Village. But since they're with Gaara, considering they're travelling with the Kazekage himself, it didn't take them long to arrive at Suna. Gaara used his sand to carry them afloat.

"Welcome back, Lord Gaara, Lady Temari," the guards stationed at the front gate said in unison as they bowed in front of their Commander-in-Chief.

However, when their eyes met Sasuke, the two visibly became wary and stood on guard which did not go unnoticed by Gaara. "They're my guess, Sasuke and Sakura from Konoha."

The guard, after hearing their Kazekage's words, bowed and greeted the two. Despite Sasuke's heroic deeds during the War, news about it were kept secret by the Kages. Only the higher ups and a few trusted friends knew about his deeds that guarantee his release from the cells of Konoha. So for the two Sunagakure guards, they still thought of the young Uchiha as the avenger and traitor to Konoha. Nonetheless, they heard rumors that he's gone to atone for his sins, rumors to which the guards dismissed as empty hearsay.

But judging by the Kazekage's words, that the two including Sasuke were his guest, maybe the rumors were not at all empty hearsay.

The company proceeded inside the Village. Located in the heart of the desert, the place was never a battlefield during Wars. Being surrounded by desert offers the village a natural deterrent against invasion, as few foreign powers would be willing to endure the sandstorms and water scarcity common to Suna. The Village also offers a great strategic location since Sunagakure itself lies in a fortified valley behind cliffs of rock, making the area very hard to attack from the ground.

Sakura looked around, her eyes scanning the area as she took down memory lane from the time she came here. Nothing much have changed. Sasuke, on the other hand, has his gaze downward.