Betrayal

Chapter 8: Betrayal

*Flashback*

''It was a time when Arnav was studying in US doing MBA. He used to an intelligent and brilliant student in his class. He was fully focused in achieving his goal and never care anything other than getting what he desire. At that time our financial condition not good as papa was facing some financial crisis due to his business partner, Ranvijay Thakraal.

Hence, he wanted his family to stay away from all kind of mess. He decided to send his son to US. Initially chotte deny to go because he not wanted to leave his family as this state when his we need him mostly. During that stage, my mother used to be very ill..'' Anjali hold khushi hand as she need lot of strength to expose the past that is buried in her heart since ages. She never tell this to anyone but khushi need to know everything.

''Then what happen?'' Khushi asked looking at her sorrowful expression.

''Due to our parents inspiration and motivation, Arnav decided to go Us for completing further studies. He promised to papa he will become a biggest business man and solve all the problems he was going through in his business. He was determined to work hard and will never let him down at any cost. He wanted to make them a proud parents. Everything went smoothly only to get shattered next moment after that doll aks Kavya came into his life..''

''Kavya?'' Khushi asked. Its strange but she feel like she heard this name somewhere.

''She was his classmate. As Arnav is a bright student in class, she approach him to help in her studies. But no one knows she is that Thakraal's daughter who lured Arnav into her fine trap. Both daughter and father played their cards by making Arnav fall in love with her. He deliberately send his daughter in the same city and took admission in the same college to fulfill their bloody motives..''

''After exams Arnav come return India along with her so that he introduce her to our parents and they can get married. But she had other plans. Whenever Arnav bring the topic of their marriage she made some excuses. At that time he didn't realize her intention behind her doing because he is so much in love with her. She act herself very innocent girl in front of Arnav and started taking money by gaining his sympathy. She was doing her drama saying she need 50 lakh for her father cancer treatment. Arnav somehow managed to arrange money because he trust her. For that, he sold some of his shares and gave it to her totally oblivious she was spending that money on her new boyfriend. Arnav was only her source of income. She wanted him only to climb ladder..'' Khushi feel tugged in her heart.

''Her greed didn't came to an end there. She continue her drama making up another story to gain more money. Arnav trust her so much that he never doubt her character at all. For her happiness, he supress his own ambition and sold his dream project where he was going to made a hotel that cost 500 crores. He was working since 3 years for that project, to settle down problem papa facing in business due to that man. Without thinking anything, he sacrifice everything just to make he happy. He named that property under her name that would help her to solve her issues. Later on when i came to know Arnav was dating a girl named doll. I get very happy so I insist Arnav to bring her home but every-time he ask her she make some lame excuses and avoid it. One fine day she call Arnav and told him she is get ready to meet us. He get very happy so he went to her place to pick her. But from that day she went missing. Arnav try to search her every possible place but couldn't find her whereabouts. Then once from his friend he came to know her real identity. She is daughter of that man who taken over all his property and money, Ranvijay thakraal, papa's business partner. The place she was living wasn't hers. It was hired by her to make him believe she belong to a poor family so that she can grab his money. Everything was a big lie. But he is not ready to believe that his doll can cheat him. Papa and me try a lot to make him believe but he had a strong faith on his love. However he went to Thakraal's mansion to prove us wrong..'' Anjali closed her eyes. Khushi placed her hand on her shoulder.