Epilogue

Chapter 47- Epilogue

It was nearly 10 pm. He is wide awake looking at the stars in the moonlight searching someone who is precious to him. A small smile plaster to his lips when he sense her fragrance, drugged his senses. Her infectious smile, her scent, her love, everything was so special and mesmerized. But a second later, he felt a pang of guilt tear his heart as he realized Khushi not with him. HE LOST HER..

A tickling sound of anklet alerted his senses. Before he make any move, someone entered from the gliding door taking small small baby steps and hugged him from behind. The hollowness in his eyes is replaced by glint as he met his daughter- Khushi. Brightness in his dark life, his Khushi. Her presence make him forgot all his worries and bring smile on his face, just like her name.

''My barbie doll is still awake?'' He bend down to her height and raise her chin while she hugged her papa by his stomach..

Khushi: ''Pa..p..ai..there is gos.ss in the room..'' (She spoke in her baby voice)

Arnav: ''It's ghost princess..'' He said pinched her cheeks lovingly but the worry in her shine eyes is clearly visible.

Arnav: ''Okay come..i will see who is troubling my jaan..'' He is about to walk forward when she clutch his hand possessively signalling him not to go.

Arnav: ''Papa is there na..Come..''

Khushi: That gho..g take my papa..i.. away from..papa..i..(She spoke in her baby voice)

Arnav: ''No one can separate papa from his barbie doll..No-ONE..''

Khushi: ''Sachi..'' (Really) He nodded and took her into his strong arms. Automatically her small hand wrap around his neck and she put her head to his chest, breathing like a scared kitten.

On entering his castle, he switch on the light and brought his daughter down to feet.

Arnav: ''See..there is no-one here..''

Khushi: It's so dark..dar..k..Why you left me alone in dark..(She is on the verge of crying) You know na how much i am scared of darkness.. He knelt down and hold his ears apologetically.

ARNAVJI, ap kaha chahe gaye the hame chodke apko pata hain na hame andhere se kitna dar lagta hain..'' (Where you had gone leaving me alone..you know how much i'm scared of darkness..)

''Where you lost pa..pa..?'' (She snap her hand to his eyes bringing him back to present.)

Arnav: ''Huh..nothing..I am sorry, beta.. Papa never leave you again..'' She fist his collar when he lifted her off from the ground and sleep curdling to his chest.

Khushi: ''I love you pa..pai..'' She gave him good night kissy before dozing off to bed.

Arnav: ''Love you too, Khushi..'' He spoke with heaviness in his chest before brushing off a tiny drop of tear from the corner of his eyes.

It was his daily routine after he put khushi to sleep, he stood in the poolside staring at the stars for several hours, his eyes searches for one particular star he wanted to talk.

''I miss you..''

It's been a year for that incident, everything is still fresh in his mind. That night when he met her.

*Flashback*

Was it a mere imagination of my subconscious? He questioned to himself, not really believing khushi is standing right in front of him. She look normal. That means she recognize me. Yes she do believe me. The way she is gauging him, there is something in her eyes.