Arc 2.11

A/N: Uhh, this Novel is fake, a fantasy, part of my imagination, not real... So why does it matter how long something takes, or whether the characters immediately 'sex', or any other such nonsense. This isn't the real world and it doesn't abide by normal logic. If you feel like something makes no sense, just remember, YOU MAKE NO SENSE. Hmph. 

Seriously though, I feel like this ch may just bring a bunch of 'That makes no sense' as well. However, it's a work of fiction and I've already said it's not going to be 'spot on' to actual facts since I'm mixing my own imagination in to fit the story. There will be the occasional word or info that I actually wanted to use but didn't know, that I'll ask to clarify. 

Zhong Yi Hai, Zhong Er Ju, and Zhong San Su arrived to the banquet during the time that most of the other Emperor's children were arriving. Officials with their families, stood talking among one another near the seating reserved for them. No one was allowed to sit before the Emperor arrived and sat. General Yao Li Zexian, was one of the more important officials who didn't attend the banquet because he was leading the battle in the North. Right Prime Minister, Ye Xue Lim, and Left Prime Minister, Su Ning Qiang, were surprisingly talking with one another quietly while excluding their wives who were attempting to one up one another while holding a smile on their face. Ye Xue Lim held a rather cocky smile on his face and Su Ning Qiang seemed to only be half listening to whatever he was saying.

It was almost as though everyone had their eyes covered when Zhong Yi had first stepped within the Banquet and assumed that he was instead a woman that either the 2nd or 3rd Prince had brought as a potential wife candidate for themselves. The Emperor walked into the Banquet Hall after a Eunuch had announced his presence and led Consort Mei Ren to the chair next to his own before sitting after she sat down. It showed everyone how highly he placed this Consort.

"We are happy that everyone could join us to celebrate this time of year. You may sit!" The Emperor's voice echoed around the hall as the officials began to sit. All the Princes and Princess' lined up in front of the elaborate place setting where the Emperor was seated and gave a proper greeting. When it came time for Zhong Yi to greet the Emperor, everyone seemed to quiet down within the Hall.

The Emperor looked frozen stiff and some of the officials who had known the original 'Mei Ren' of the City felt as though they were sent back in time.

"Rei," the Emperor whispered slightly in shock.

Zhong Yi ignored the old fool's mutterings and gave a proper greeting like his 'siblings'.

"This one greets Royal Father," he kept his head slightly bowed and waited for the Emperor to acknowledge him.

"You... You are Yi'er?"

Zhong Yi gritted his teeth at the 'familiar' way that he had just called him. Consort Mei Ren seemed to be doing the same exact thing but she was more upset with how much the 1st prince resembled his late mother. When placing Consort Mei Ren and Zhong Yi side by side, there was a vast difference in looks to the point where she would be called trash and Zhong Yi, a goddess.

Right Prime Minister covered the evil smirk gracing his lips with one of his hands as he watched the proceedings. Left Prime Minister glanced at the other with lowered lids as he watched the mischief race across Ye Xue Lim's face.

"Yes, Your Majesty," Zhong Yi replied dutifully.

"Ha Ha Ha! Of course you're Yi'er! Come, come sit next to us," the Emperor indicated the seat that is usually reserved for the Crown Prince which is where Zhong Yi's seat usually was; however, he was no longer the Crown Prince.

"Your Majesty, that's Fourth Brother's seat," Zhong Yi spoke gently but he didn't sound as though he were finding fault with the Emperor but that the 4th Prince was already seated and it would be improper of him to demand the other to move so suddenly.