Arc 2 Epilogue

This world ended similar to how Zhong Yi had guessed it would. When the men left the City, he had been apprehensive to let them out of his sight. Their army made it in time to sneak attack the opposite army that had the General and his men at a disadvantage and began a slaughter from both sides while the General attacked from the front. 

Zhong Er, yet again, was injured during the scuffle but Zhong Yi had known that something like this would happen and had given their First a pill to heal his wounds. They would've misplaced the pill if he had handed it to his lovers. He may love them but they weren't careful when it came to their own health. 

Someone protected the Second Prince and led him away from the battle as Zhong San led their army and completely decimated the Long Empire. Merely a few thousand warriors were left and they had quickly retreated. 

A week after the war was won, Long Empire sent a messenger to negotiate peace. If Zhong Yi truly wanted to, he would easily crush the people and overtake the land. However, if he granted them an 'alliance', he would be able to gain the worship of the citizens for his merciful, yet ruthless when needed, heart. When the citizens of Zhong Empire heard of the new Laws that the Emperor passed down by Decree, many women didn't immediately divorce but there were a few men who gathered courage to marry their Partner. 

Zhong Yi found out why the women hadn't left their slag Husbands yet and realized they would have no means of survival. Another Law was passed down that women could work in whatever they wish as long as they were proficient in that field. Afterwards, so many divorces were under way that a lot of the Eunuchs were brought in to help process the paperwork. 

Many were hoping that this Emperor that had become a Godsend would soon marry and produce a 'just as worthy' heir. Unfortunately, nothing of the sort took place. After the Concubine and 4th Prince were slowly tortured to death, Zhong Yi married the 2nd and 3rd Prince. His Husbands and him decided to raise one of their sister's children as the next heir since they couldn't have their own. 

The Empire seemed to be run by three Emperor's rather than just one since the Emperor passed a law that same-sex could marry. Most didn't know what to call these Husbands. At first thy had been mortified that the Emperor would marry his own brother but once they found that the Emperor was actually the late Emperor's younger sister, Mei Ren's, son. Marrying cousins was seen often in this era so it wasn't anything strange. It had been years since Zhong Yi passed the law for same-sex marriage, so when he was married that aspect wasn't too concerning to most the Citizens. 

Zhong Yi was able to spend his life, yet again, with his Husbands. Even with different faces, they were still the ones he would always yearn for. The time was coming for their departure into the reincarnation cycle and he had no way of preventing it. Technically he still had about a decade of lifespan left but his men wouldn't make it through the night. 

He felt detached as the same sort of goodbyes were said, the same reassurances, the same touches, and the same order of passing. He lost Zhong Er first before his 'Jokester' followed quickly behind. 

"I'm sorry, My Husbands. I will not be able to fulfill your promise to live long and happily until the time we meet again. I can only fulfill one promise: Live in happiness until the day I die. If that is your wish... Car, take me back to the System Space."

Car understood that her Host was grieving again but it was a little less severe than last time they had left a World. Just like last time, he slept immediately upon arrival.