Arc 2.12

Zhong Yi stood from his seat and gave the 4th Prince a condescending smile as he passed by him. Zhong San and Zhong Er were both a bit worried since no one has ever seen the 1st Prince perform anything; plus if he were to give this group of people a 'performance' wouldn't that mean more people to vie for their cute brother's attention? They both wanted him to succeed as well as fail, which made it extremely difficult to figure out which emotion to show on their face. 

Zhong Yi ignored everyone as some snickered or mocked him outright. The Emperor was upset about the mocking but he too felt that this 1st Prince was a waste even if he had the face of his beloved sister.

"Can someone hand me two swords?"

Everyone was stunned when Zhong Yi asked for someone to hand him two swords. Not to mention two, they've never seen the First Prince lift a single sword before. Was he about to show off his Martial Arts? 

Usually the men will perform the more 'manly' arts whereas the females did the feminine ones. Laughing slowly filled the room at Zhong Yi's question and when no one stepped forward to hand him a sword, he'd begun to grit his teeth. Zhong San and Zhong Er's face grew grim in repressed anger before they signaled their guards to step forward and hand him a sword. 

People began to quiet down when they realized someone was foolish enough to go forward and give him one. They waited to see the First Prince fall from just holding a sword but what they expected never happened. Zhong Yi spun the swords a few times in his hands to get the 'feel' of them before he placed his feet in the center of the room in a relaxed position. His eyes shut as he began playing music inside of his head. 

The art of a twin sword dance is a rather seductive yet aggressive type of dual dance. One can't overshadow the other. 

Zhong Yi slowly raised his head as he brought the swords above his head while his foot swept out, causing the robe to flare with an unknown breeze. His hands flicked out and the sound of the blade cutting through the air seemed to send a shot of adrenaline through everyone's hearts. The dance was just the right touch of erotic and yet at the same time gave people the sense that danger was close at hand. 

As Zhong Yi spun around the room, dancing to music only he could hear, someone began playing an instrument which made the dancing figure in the center of the room look all the more enticing. No one was left unaffected. Their blood began to pump and it was undecided if they wanted to go home and bed their wives or go to the North to fight for their land. 

During the finale, as sweat dripped down Zhong Yi's neck towards the fluttering pulse, he threw both swords spinning into the air before twirling in a dizzying manner and as the swords plummeted towards his body, people within the hall began to stand in fear. Zhong Yi stopped and quickly spun his hands above his head, snatching the swords so fast that no one believed their eyes, and ended the entire thing with the swords crossed in front of his face; blocking everyone from seeing those enticing eyes.

It took a while but the Emperor began clapping in an exaggerated manner and everyone followed. Zhong Yi gave a slight bow in thanks and prepared to walk back to his seat. 

"You've won our appreciation, Yi'er. As a reward, you may ask anything from me."

Zhong Yi paused his steps before saying humbly, "This one wishes for nothing, Your Highness."

"Hmm, then I shall gift you something instead. Your title shall henceforth be 'Fairy Prince' for your Fae-like dancing. You will no longer need to kneel for anyone from this point."

Zhong Yi was shocked that the Emperor was so smitten with his Mother that he seemed to have lost his mind after he performed such a dance. He wouldn't complain though since he wasn't accustomed to bending knee to anyone except his Husbands. 

"Thank you, Your Highness."

The Emperor laughed and asked, "Do you wish to challenge anyone?"

"No, Your Highness. If anyone wishes to show their skills, the stage is open to them."

No one actually wanted to stand and compete after that perfect performance that he had just given. Concubine Mei Ren was shocked by the dance he had just performed but she was also exceedingly angry; to the point where she seemed to have lost all rationality. She stood and smiled seductively at the Emperor before saying, "Your Highness, this concubine wishes to sing you a song."

The Emperor was slightly shocked that someone would follow after Zhong Yi's spectacular performance but since it was his favored concubine who stood up he was more than happy to watch her perform. 

Zhong Yi passed the Second and Third Prince and felt fingers slide across his leg as he stepped past. He didn't miss a step though which made it seem as though nothing had happened. 

He reached the Emperor and sat down, waiting for Concubine Mei Ren to make a fool of herself. The Emperor began talking to Zhong Yi a minute in to the Concubine's song, indicating that her song wasn't keeping his attention. Zhong Yi played along and watched the concubine out of the corner of his eye and couldn't help but internally laugh when her voice cracked mid word; causing the entire song to break the previous tranquility.

The Emperor frowned and glanced at Concubine Mei Ren; when she saw his angered look she stopped singing and gave a slightly embarrassed bow before saying, "This Concubine seems to feel a bit unwell."

"Someone come take Concubine Mei Ren back to her room. She's not feeling well enough to attend the Banquet."

A few maids stepped forward to bring the Concubine back to her room but she flung her sleeve as if they were dirt and quickly exited the room.  Right Prime Minister laughed into his sleeve at how much gossip seemed to be stirred up at this Banquet. 

Afterwards, everyone enjoyed their meal and left as soon as the Emperor released them from his presence. Zhong Yi quickly escaped the Emperor's sticky hands that seemed to want to keep him close. This man was truly troublesome. Second and Third Prince quickly followed after his retreating back; bringing Cui Rong and their guards along with them. 

When they caught up to Zhong Yi, he was already inside of his courtyard and changing into his sleepwear. Zhong San and Zhong Er both let themselves into his room, one sat on the bed and the other walked towards Zhong Yi

"Your dance was erotic," Zhong Er said as he stepped closer to Zhong Yi.

"Was it? What? Are you here to have sex?"

Zhong Yi gave him a coy look as he pulled the robe over his arms and tied it closed in a deliberately slow manner.

"If I said yes?"

Zhong Yi raised an eyebrow and gave him a smirk before walking towards Zhong San and sliding onto his lap. 

"I'm pretty exhausted after the previous times and I just performed such a difficult dance as well. My entire body is sore," he pouted half-heartedly. 

"I'll massage you, Lover," Zhong San whispered into his ear before nipping it and bringing his hands to his shoulders to knead the knots from the muscles.

"Nnn, feels good." Zhong Yi shut his eyes and leaned slightly forward. 

"Lay down on the bed and I'll take care of the bottom half while Zhong San takes care of the top," Zhong Er said as he stepped forward. 

Zhong Yi opened his eyes and gave Zhong Er a suspicious look. Zhong Er merely smiled and gave him a placating hand gesture before saying, "I promise that we won't do anything tonight."

Zhong Yi agreed and shifted onto the bed before both the men removed his sleepwear, rubbing massaging oil into his muscles. Their hands relaxed his body so well that he ended up falling asleep during the entire massage. Zhong San and Zhong Er realized he'd fallen asleep and shifted his body around until they all three could get beneath a blanket. Soon, they fell asleep. 

Three guards were waiting in the courtyard for their 'Masters' to come back out and give them their nightly duties but we're left with questions instead. Without an order to retreat, they could only stand watch until said otherwise. Cui Rong didn't hold the same views though and went off to his room to sleep. Two people stood like statues inside of the First Prince's Courtyard and none of the servants had seen them before; it made for a rather strange sight.