Arc 5.9

"It has come to my attention that the cause for the strange devices flitting around our Ocean, is your doing," King Morven said upfront. He didn't sugarcoat the reason for his calling them to his 'home'.

Lusca opened his mouth and closed it before opening it again to give a response. "Yes, Your Majesty. I ... had a vision of what was to come. I felt that if I didn't do what I could, our people would've been in danger of exposure."

King Morven's eyes slightly widened at Lusca's admittance to having 'the Sight'.

"You were given a vision?" He sounded slightly breathless, which was funny to Lusca since they didn't require breathing to survive.

"Yes."

"You must know that our people haven't been gifted with someone holding the Sight since our Goddess spoke to us."

"I understand, Your Majesty," Lusca said. It wasn't as if he could say that his soul was transferred into this World and he was given the plot of events yet to come and was trying to change them, could he? Next best thing was to give partial truths. It was true that he had seen the Merfolks demise but it wasn't through a vision caused by 'the Sight'.

"What is this travesty that you saw?"

"A Human would find his way to our City in his conquest of 'saving' the Ocean and bring back pictures and tales of our people. He used us as a way to convince his people to save our Ocean and clean it.. However, it had the opposite effect and the Humans turned to utterly destroying us instead, out of fear."

King Morven narrowed his eyes in anger at the thought of his people and the Ocean they loved, being destroyed because of one person's stupid mistakes. After he got his mood back under control he decided to voice his concerns.

"You believe that what you have created with this strange metal contraption will somehow prevent these events?"

"I believe that with the Amic, the Ocean will gradually return to the state it had originally been when the Goddess once roamed freely among us. With the cleansing of the Ocean, I feel that the man won't have a need to venture deeper into the mysteries of the water to search for evidence to bring back to the Humans. However, it would benefit us to have the watchers patrol further and have a wider scope. Preferably those who have the skill of memory wiping, in case of  any unexpected situation should arise."

King Morven mulled his words over in his head and couldn't help agree with what he had to say. It was also thanks in part to his strengthening Magic that he appreciated what Lusca had done. In the days since the machines had begun popping up across the entire world, the Ocean had begun cleansing itself to the form in which their Goddess could reemerge. King Morven could feel his Goddess' presence for the first time.

"I will see what we can do. Your suggestions hold a lot of merit. Business aside, I've actually asked you here today for another matter entirely. My son has informed me that he has found his mate in your son, it would seem. They want to marry and I wish to go over Binding Ceremony plans with you. Sadly, my wife passed over a decade ago and I am not as 'creative' as she was.. thus, I will be of no help in the planning."

Lusca blinked a few times in confusion at how normal King Morven had become once he got over the more serious talk and began talking of their children. 

"I can set everything up but it would make everything easier if I had people to assist me in it," Lusca answered King Morven's unasked question. 

"Good. I'll have one of my servants get into contact with you. I'm sure you wish to speak with your son. You have raised a fine young man," King Morven said as he dismissed them all with a smile and brought his own son away.

Lusca waited for Motoki to swim to his side before dragging him out of the hall. It had greatly shocked him to have the King ask about his child bonding with the Crown Prince. It wasn't because he disagreed with it but.. Motoki hadn't even told him that he had proposed. 

"Young man!" Lusca gripped Motoki's ear as he dragged him back to their house. "When were you going to tell me that you had asked for Merial's hand??"

"Ow! Ow! Mother, it's painful!"

"Be glad I decided on forgoing giving you a good spanking for not telling your Mother that you had decided to marry. Don't think I won't do it if you continue with these shenanigans. What was with that poker face you put on in the presence of the King?? Hmm?"

Motoki's ear was killing him as his Mother continued twisting it and his Fathers stood by chuckling at his pain. 

He glared at his Fathers and said, "I hope Mother punishes you guys just as much as I am suffering now."

"Unlike you, we'd never upset our Mate," Tullius said with a slight smirk. He enjoyed watching how ferocious their Mate would get when upset over something. They were usually very harmonious and it shocked him sometimes when this spitfire attitude surfaced from Lusca. 

"Hmph. I was going to tell you Mother but Father-in-Law insisted on discussing it with you before I was given the chance," Motoki said as he pouted towards his Mother at the injustice done to him.

"Oh? You're already calling him Father-in-Law? He's not even 'Your Majesty' anymore? It has already advanced to this stage and you dare tell me you hadn't been given enough time?"

"Wah! Mother! I swear it's not my fault. Isn't it unbearable to harm your child like this?!"

Lusca rolled his eyes at his son's continued complaints as they made their way back home, passing many Merfolk on their way. People in their surroundings gave slight chuckles at the shorter man causing the taller one such humiliation; it was obvious Lusca was the parent disciplining his child. 

Motoki complained for the entire time it took them to get back home. Laeksces and Tullius chuckled at their son's bad luck but made sure Lusca didn't hear them in case of being dragged along as well.