15: Protest

The princess did not stay for long, but that was within Zi Yinye's expectations. If Ren Fengyao took too long to get rid of her, then it would be strange! But Dongfang Rongfei did not leave. Instead, the princess came to the eastern courtyard to find her, which left her baffled. It wasn't that she hadn't expected the princess to come find her, but that she hadn't expected the princess to come so early on.

With the veil on, Zi Yinye arrived at the entrance hall alertly, preparing on how to deal with Dongfang Rongfei.

Dongfang Rongfei was drinking tea gracefully. When Zi Yinye entered, her eyes merely flickered with disdain before disregarding her. Zi Yinye bowed upon entering. "Yinye greets her highness."

"Excused. Sit!"

Zi Yinye's lip curled. This princess was acting like she was the hostess, like she owned the place, even though she had not been married in yet. Her status as princess sure made the princess self-confident in her authority.

Dongfang Rongfei continued on drinking the tea gracefully. Zi Yinye lowered her head and also remained silent. She did not know why Dongfang Rongfei had come to find her for, but she was definitely up to no good. But they were still on Ren Fengyao's territory, so she couldn't be too overbearing and hit her. Also, Mo Bai was still nearby, guarding outside the door. Mo Bai should be able to notify Ren Fengyao quickly to stop the violence if it occurred. She had also seen the sympathy in his eyes.

If the enemy does not attack, I will not attack. Zi Yinye sat peacefully. Of course she had more patience than the pampered princess. As expected, in a few minutes, Dongfang Rongfei set down the tea cup and said haughtily, "I want to you to leave brother Ren!"

So direct? Zi Yinye smiled. She raised her eyes slowly and acted as if she didn't understand. "Your highness means to say..."

"Brother Ren only pities you with your face, so he doesn't plan on divorcing you. So I want you to leave him yourself!"

She wasn't able to convince Ren Fengyao, so she came to find her... Zi Yinye lowered her head, hiding the contempt and loathing in her eyes. "Yi-Yinye does not dare."

"Does not dare? Why do you not dare? What is it to be afraid of?"

"This is the emperor's conferred marriage. Yinye does not dare to even think of opposing his highness. If his lordship wants Yinye to leave, then Yinye shall leave, but Yinye opposing... Yinye has no grounds to do so."

"You..." Dongfang Rongfei understood Zi Yinye's meaning. If Ren Fengyao wanted to divorce her, then she would leave, but her taking the initiative to leave was impossible!

"You don't suit brother Ren!" Zi Yinye lowered her head, as if shamed by those words. Dongfang Rongfei then sneered coldly. "Just look at you, ugly, untalented. You have the audacity to cling to brother Ren?"   

Zi Yinye lowered her head, not uttering a sound. Dongfang Rongfei assumed her words had affected Zi Yinye. "It is true your Zi clan has money, but you are simply an unloved girl. The Zi clan does not give you any money, so you have no way of helping brother Ren. You can only humiliate brother Ren, dragging him down."

"But I am different. After marrying me, brother Ren's status will soar!" Dongfang Rongfei's tone switched, arrogant again.

Zi Yinye almost wanted to laugh. Ren Fengyao was the prime minister, already only one step away from the top; was there really a need for his status to "soar"? He would only be able to take that position and with his ridiculous loyalty, that would never occur. And it could even be considered rebellion, a criminal offense that would cost even the princess her head! This so called "rise in status" could even destroy an entire clan!