22: Feral Wold Ravine

Wutian county, one of the two counties under Zhi* city's jurisdiction. Wutian was a bordering county of West Zhi, blocked by Snow Jade Mountain to the west, a mountain range steep with snow caps year round, uninhabited. Less than ten Li in the north was the infamous Feral Wolf Ravine, known for the common appearances of wolves.

*A different Zhi

Because Feral Wolf Ravine had a complex layout of thick fields of grass and dense forests, even expert huntsmen did not dare to enter too deeply. However, the feral wolves would not enter the populated county either. So although Wutian and Feral Wolf Ravine were fairly close, it was relatively peaceful.

Because Wutian was surrounded by the Snow Jade Mountains to the West and Feral Wolf Ravine to the north and did not have any regional specialties, although it was considered part of West Zhi, it was forgotten, unregulated, so many wanted fugitives, swindlers, murderers and the like amassed here. Here, military might was everything! But no one knew that two years ago, someone had secretly infiltrated and was secretly controlling Wutian in the palm of their hand.

The only pub in the entire county was Xiaoyao tavern, so it was well known. Although many ruffians had visited, no one dared to cause a disturbance. After all, the lady boss was very powerful, a beauty more than thirty years old known as the Third Phoenix Lady.

The phoenix lady was not known for her martial arts, but for her connections, friends with powerful figures of the underworld and the righteous alike! Actually, the phoenix lady was very famous across the land during her younger years, but she had stirred quite a bit of trouble, breaking many marriages, so she ran to Wutian and opened up this not quite big yet not quite small tavern.

Currently, the phoenix lady reclining on a , a red dress of satin wrapped coyly around her curvaceous body, revealing half of her chest. Her gaze was misty as she watched the young man in white facing away from her on the lower floor.

The young man had a slender body, as thing as a girl, but the phoenix lady knew this man did not act like a girl at all. Instead he was very... powerful! The young man had arrived three days prior. The moment she laid eyes on him, she had been attracted by his beauty and elegance, but when she attempted to lure him, she was brushed off seamlessly, defeated at her first attempt. But even on the second and third try, she failed miserably. Not only that, his warning gaze, his eyes smiling yet not smiling, left her apprehensive. This young man was not to be trifled with. Furthermore, every single person who visited the young man was deferential, some of the visitors even including power of Wutian county she had failed to make connections with. She did not fear them, but she didn't want to have to move again, so she could not afford to offend the young man. 

Her gaze became somewhat bitter. Such a powerful and beautiful young man would never fall for her, but she only wished for a one night stand. Was that not okay? Her gaze grew fiery, boring holes into the young man's back, but the young man did not seem to sense it at all, gracefully continuing to drink tea. However, the servant in black next to him couldn't bear it anymore and shot a glare.

The phoenix lady humphed. She could tell that the servant was a girl crossdressing, merely a pretty face, nothing compared to her alluring figure.

"Young master, she's watching you again!"

Ye Yin glanced at Qiu Xing. "Why does it matter? Let her look. What are you getting mad for? Are you jealous?"

"Young master!" Qiu Xing stamped her foot, biting her lip. She tilted her head and peered again at the phoenix lady. "Young master, that lady keeps on trying to enter your bedroom at night. Are you really going to let her go?"

"It's not as if she's overstepped her boundaries. As long as she doesn't do anything excessive, let her be. Also, the phoenix lady is no small figure. It's better to not offend her. Perhaps one day we will need to use her."