49: True Identity Pt. II

"What are you thinking about that you are in such a daze?"

"Nangong Piaoran."

"Him? Were you moved? Did you develop feelings?"

Ye Yin turned around with annoyance at the last words, rolling his eyes at the joking Du Luo. "Just now, Nangong Piaoran asked me what my true identity was."

"True identity? He suspects you? How did you respond?"

Ye Yin smiled coldly. "He already knew, how could I deny it?"

"He..."

"Do you know how he addressed Lanzhi?"

"What? Lady Xie? Lady Lanzhi? It couldn't be Madam, that would be a little too much."

Ye Yin chuckled. "You would call Lanzhi 'Lady Xie' or 'Lady Lanzhi' because you know her name is Xie Lanzhi, not Rouge. But Nangong Piaoran? How did he know her name was Xie Lanzhi? Lanzhi only told me her name after he left, did you realize?"

"He has spies around you."

"Yes. If he even knows Lanzhi's true name, he naturally would have been informed of Hua Jianli's visit. My identity would be obvious."

"Perhaps he overlooked that."

Ye Yin's lips curved into a cold smile. "No. A man as smart as he would definitely not overlook this. He intentionally gave me a sign, to warn me that he knows everything. He was testing me. Under such circumstances, how could I not confess I was West Zhi's new prime minister? He forced my hand!"

"What is the point of forcing you to confess you are the new prime minister?"

"I do not know. Perhaps to him, it is more fun to play in the open!"

Letting out a long breath, Ye Yin continued, "He rushed back to Nanrong. Perhaps something happened that made him return in such a rush."

"I know." Du Luo spoke softly. "It seems Xiaoyao was attacked."

"Xiaoyao was attacked? When? Was it serious?"

"That, I am uncertain of. However, Nangong Piaoran was also attacked a few times on the way here. Perhaps Xiaoyao was already attacked at that time!"

Ye Yin was even more baffled with this piece of information. "If Xiaoyao was attacked so early on, why did he continue on unconcerned?"

"Little Qi, you still don't understand? The interest Nangong Piaoran has in you is far more than you realize!"

Ye Yin curled his lip. "How could that be? He doesn't know that I'm really... How could a normal man be interested in another man? Brother Du, stop saying such alarming things."

Du Luo chuckled. "Little Qi, you seem to have misunderstood me. The 'interest' I spoke of is different from the 'interest' you were talking about. You were overthinking!" His tone was somewhat mocking. "Also, Little Qi, are you feeling guilty?"

Ye Yin didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Normally, it was also he ensnaring Du Luo with his words, but today, the tables had turned. He would have to be more quick witted in the future.

"Little Qi, why aren't you responding? Did I hit the nail on the head?"

Ye Yin threw a pillow at him, which he easily dodged. Then he left with a wide grin. His voice came from outside the door.

"Little Qi, you should be a more honest person in the future, stop bullying your older brother."

++++++++++