16: Letter

The new year arrived silently. Because Ren Fengyao was still recuperating, nobody came to disturb him, so the year passed by peacefully. During this time, Ren Fengyao suggested accompanying Zi Yinye to the Zi clan to see her parents, but Zi Yinye refused quite ingeniously while still maintaining the impression her standing was low at the Zi clan. Only later would Ren Fengyao be aware that Zi Yinye was a special existence in the Zi clan, so special even the lord of the house, Zi Zuoqian, did not dare to touch her in the slightest. If Zi Yinye did not want to appear in the public, Zi Zuoqian would not dare to request her to appear. Only, once he became aware of this, it was already too late.

After the New Year passed, Zi Yinye patiently waited three months for the Spring Hunt to arrive. Ren Fengyao's health had improved greatly at this point, and it seemed he would move away soon. This made her very happy. Then one day, when a letter arrived, Zi Yinye's mood soared.

Unfolding the letter, Zi Yinye beamed with joy. She couldn't help but raise her voice. "Chun Ri, it's brother Du! Brother Du finally sent a letter! Wonderful! I was afraid he was going to ignore me forever and never contact me again."

Seeing her lady loud and excited, Chun Ri also became happy. "Ok, ok already. My lady, you're so happy that young master Du's letter has arrived."

"Of course. I'm most happy when brother Du sends letters."

"But stop twirling me around with you, I'm about to go dizzy," Chun Ri laughed. Sometimes, her lady would seem very childish.

Releasing Chun Ri, Zi Yinye humphed quietly in a playful manner. She sat down, reading the letter carefully. Chun Ri carefully poured her a cup of tea, then left quietly. Young master Du was finally willing to contact her lady. Did that mean he was not feeling so guilty towards her any more? Her lady had few friends, so her lady treasured her two friends, young master Du and young master Hua. Chun Ri got up to do her busy work, not noticing a figure who had stopped outside of the east courtyard's entrance. He stood there for a while, then turned around, going back from where he had come.

"Young master, didn't you go to see the seventh lady?"

Ren Fengyao shook his head. "Not any more."

So this young master Du actually existed! Although he appeared placid, he was thinking rapidly. Originally, he hadn't believed this young master Du actually existed, especially because he had never seen Zi Yinye contacting young master Du, but today.... It sounded like this young master Du hadn't contacted the seventh lady because he was angry, probably from a misunderstanding. It seems he had to be quicken his pace and let the pitiful seventh lady be freed faster.

Zi Yinye was not aware that Ren Fengyao had come and in the process, also dispelled his suspicions. She happily put the letter away, then quickly wrote a letter in reply for Chun Ri to send out. Zi Yinye leaned back with satisfaction. Outside the window was still a blanket of white. Only, a few buds on the trees were starting to blossom. Spring was coming.

Some say that men and women can never truly have pure, platonic relationships, but she and Du Luo truly were simply friends. Sometimes Du Luo was like her older brother, but most of the time, they were friends, purely just friends without any special emotions.

Du Luo was a wandering swordsman. They had met through chance, yet it was also somewhat inevitable. Their first meeting was a little cliché, the crappy hero-saving-damsel-in-distress scenario. Actually, at that time, she didn't really need anyone's help, and Du Luo isn't the type to rescue damsels in distress, but the moment their gazes met by chance, there was a resonance. It was as if their friendship was preordained, only requiring one glance to recognize. As a result, Du Luo, who normally disregarded people, gave a hand and helped Zi Yinye when she did not need saving. After a glance and a laugh, they became extremely good friends.