37: Letting Her Soar

At Dongling, inside Ren Fengyao's study, Leng Canxing was full of admiration after reading the information on the desk. "What a cunning scheme, senior brother. Senior brother's wife is just as exceptional as you!"

Looking out the window, his hands folded behind his back, Ren Fengyao turned around with a faint smile. With a gentle look in his eyes, he said, "Even I did not expect her to do this well. It seems West Zhi will be in her grasp shortly."

"Yes. I did not expect her to start from Wutian, to gain control little by little, starting off by convincing Zhi city to surrender and rumors about the Tiandu and Jilang county lords at the same time, which caused the West Zhi emperor to be preoccupied. She then used a woman's secret to eliminate the Lequan and Jiangyou county lords and and completely take over the two counties. Everything is interlocked. Furthermore, what will happen if Tiandu and Jilang war against each other? Xingjiang county can be considered already in the palm of her hand."

"She had two motives in spreading those rumors. First, she wanted to draw West Zhi emperor's attention away from movements in Yue city. Second, she wanted to take control of Xingjiang county through legitimate means. Once the Xingjiang governor dispatches troops to assist Jilang county, Yue city will have the excuse to absorb all of Xingjiang's soldiers, taking over Xingjiang effortlessly. Before the West Zhi emperor even realizes, she will practically have West Zhi completely in her grasp. All that is left is for the West Zhi emperor to step down, his fate already sealed!" Ren Fengyao sighed, his tone full of pride and admiration.

Leng Canxing eyed Ren Fengyao, then suddenly said hesitantly, "Senior brother, there is something I do not know if I should say."

"What is it? Just say it!"

"Senior brother, she does not merely want West Zhi as you know; she want to help Wen Yuanbo reunite the country. Therefore, she wants all of Zhi. Based off of the capability she has displayed, Zhi country unifying will only be a matter of time. Senior brother, will you......" Leng Canxing hesitated before continuing, "Senior brother, with your stance, will you let her accomplish her goals?"

Ren Fengyao was calm. "Why not?"

"Senior brother, don't be foolish, your stances are opposing. You are the prime minister of Dongling! You must consider Dongling first! All these years, all the countries have been watching Zhi country carefully, all wanting to divide and conquer Zhi nation. If not for their internal strife, they would have made their moves long ago. Now those problems are gradually disappearing. Perhaps in a few years, they will have the means to deal with Zhi nation, but for now...... Now Wen Yuanbo has suddenly appeared along with Ye Yin. If they succeed in reuniting and restoring Zhi nation, everything will come to naught, so all the countries will not allow the unification of Zhi."

"I know that, so?"

"Senior brother, Dongling is one of the countries that desires Zhi nation. Every time Zhi nation has a new monarch, each nation sends spies to investigate. Only once they are certain there are no threats, they will be relieved and allow Zhi nation to continue to war. This time, didn't the emperor also send the prince to East Zhi, no? Senior brother, you are the only one aware of this secret information. As the prime minister of Dongling, are you going to allow her to successfully help Wen Yuanbao reunite the country?

"Why not?" Ren Fengyao calmly repeated.

"Senior brother, I just told you that you were the prime minister of Dongling, meaning you must prioritize Dongling's interests first. Your stance and hers conflict." Len Canxing exasperatedly emphasized on the two words "prime minister". He always felt a sense of defeat towards this senior brother of his. How was he always so indifferent?