46: Breaking Up

Ye Yin's eyes were full of suspicion. "Is that what you were hiding from me?"

"Yes, I was hiding Zhuo Ran's history. Zhuo Ran......" Du Luo stopped.

"You can't tell me?"

"Well, telling you will do no harm. At least you will stop bugging me. Zhuo Ran came from the Hidden Valley." Du Luo muttered.

"Hidden Valley? One of the greatest mysteries in the world that even martial artists fear?"

Du Luo nodded. "Mm. The Hidden Valley sect has always been mysterious. All of its disciples are outstanding. Some even become government officials to assist the emperor, others, merchants to make money for Hidden Valley. Naturally, there are those who practice medicine, and even more who wander throughout the world. But no matter the disciple, once they leave the valley, people chase after them feverishly. Currently, the lord of Hidden Valley has four disciples in total. Amongst the four, Zhuo Ran is the second disciple and has studied the ancient valley's medicine."

"Why is this such a secret?" Ye Yin asked, confused.

"Didn't I tell you all disciples of Hidden Valley are highly sought after? Even emperors would want a Hidden Valley's disciple to assist them, so the disciples hide their identities. Under such circumstances, Zhuo Ran's identity is of course a secret!"

Ye Yin frowned, not accepting this explanation. "It was just this? Mr. Zhuo does not seem out of the ordinary besides his medicinal expertise."

"That is because he has not fully learned everything from the valley yet. He has only studied medicine in the valley, and you are not familiar with him either. How do you know if practicing medicine is the only thing he is good at? The most powerful disciple is the lord's first disciple, he is a true genius, he..." Du Luo suddenly broke off. Ye Yin raised a brow. "What about him? Is he powerful?"

Du Luo smiled profoundly. "Little Qi, don't think you're the only smart person, that everyone else is dumb. In this world, there are many foxes. You are a small fox, but there are old foxes, and foxes that have even become divine! So never look down on others!"

"I have never looked down on others. I also know that there are many dangerous foxes around me, like Nangong Piaoran. But no one can predict the future. Who has fallen who's trap is uncertain!"

Du Luo shook his head, sighing in his heart. Birds of a feather flock together. People attract those similar to themselves!

As Ye Yin listened to Du Luo's explanation, he had been watching Du Luo's expression closely. Du Luo had remained undisturbed, but he kept feeling that Du Luo was hinting at something. Although he still felt Du Luo was hiding something, he could not do anything about it. In any case, Du Luo would never harm him, so he would let him be! There was a more pressing matter at hand.

"Brother Du, can you do something for me?" Ye Yin bit his lip, looking at Du Luo with a little uncertainty.

Seeing Ye Yin's cautious appearance, Du Luo softened. He laughed. "Is it for West Zhi?"

Ye Yin nodded. Du Luo sighed. "Were you afraid I would be angry? Dummy, you're working so hard for your dream, why would I not help you? I'm your friend! So tell me, what is it?"

"I want you to use my authority as master of Fusheng to undercut West Zhi merchants. With the power of the West Zhi government, I will give you anything you need. Also, my sixth brother is a senior member of the Merchant League, and Fusheng is one of its members. I want you to utilize this so that no West Zhi merchant can do business with other countries easily."

"Use the Merchant League to force them incapable of trading with other countries? Isn't that a little difficult?" Du Luo was slightly confused.

"No. As long as you use your advantage properly, it will be simple. West Zhi has been in turmoil for so long, senior members of the Merchant League have disapproved of adding West Zhi merchants into the league, which is why none have not been added. They already have trouble trading with other countries. I want you to get in touch with my brother and us his influence to thoroughly stop the greedy West Zhi merchants from trading with other countries. I want to turn over all crafty merchants to the authorities, hmph! I want them to willingly hand over all their money for the country."