57: Princess Yu

Nangong Yu was a dainty girl. Her face shape resembled Nangong Piaoran slightly, but she was not as beautiful as he. Her skin was very white, her fair skin of a pinkish hue. It was very pretty skin, well maintained too. She did not have Nangong Piaoran's slender phoenix eyes, instead they were large and black. When her eyes were open, they appeared merciless.

Currently, she stood at the doorway of the study room, her large eyes regarding him with dissatisfaction. Just her gaze alone emanated allure. As expected from the Nangong clan that produced someone such as Nangong Piaoran!

Seeing her faintly peeved manner, Ye Yin sighed. If he was a male, perhaps he would have felt pity seeing her like this! What another devastatingly beautiful person!

As Nangong Yu stepped into the room, Ye Yin smiled and said, "Lady Nangong, please sit!"

Ye Yin's study room was split into two spaces. The inner space was where he carried out his true work and held serious discussions, whereas the outer space was for him receive visitors and read leisurely, drink tea, etc.

The outside area was arranged mainly for relaxation with a sofa, a coffee table, and a brocaded couch that he liked to nap on. The comfy seat had a cushion on it that he had instructed Hua Jianli to create in Dongling's style. Although it was not as refined as Dongling workmanship, it was still very comfortable.

Outsiders did not know what he used these for, but Ye Yin never bothered to explain either. Of course, to make it appear more like a study room, he had a calligraphy brush, ink stick, paper, and ink stone on the desk. Books lined the bookshelves, and stacked towering on a chair.

Nangong Yu swept her gaze across the room, frowning. The room only had one chair. That should be for the host. Where should she sit then?

The brocaded couch? Technically speaking, it was a type of bed. An unmarried lady could not just sit on a man's bed, so scandalous!

Inwardly displeased, Nangong Yu walked over to the only chair haughtily and sat down. It was their fault for only having one chair!

Ye Yin raised a brow. It seemed she was not as open minded as Nangong Piaoran! Instead of sitting on the comfortable sofa, she chose to sit on the cold hard chair, what an uncultured lady!

Ye Yin shrugged, leisurely plopping down onto the sofa. He grabbed a pillow and used it to support himself, then leaned back. He started to give off a lazy air. He only smiled brightly at Nangong Yu as he said, "Lady Nangong, to what do I owe the pleasure?"

"I am finding someone and decided to visit." She had already been dissatisfied with Ye Yin's neglectful behavior, and now, she was even more displeased with his content appearance. So that odd thing was supposed to be sat on. Why didn't he tell her? Hmph!

Chun Ri soon arrived with tea. After Chun Ri left, Ye Yin said seriously to Nangong Yu, "Lady nangong, if you want to find someone, you should go to the Ministry of Revenue. All the people of West Zhi have been registered with the Ministry of Revenue. Their movements have been recorded down in detail as well. If you go to the Ministry of Revenue, you will find the person you're looking for within a day."

Although Ye Yin said these words, inwardly, he felt a sliver of doubt. She must be here to find Nangong Piaoran, but why? Who said Nangong Piaoran would be here? And why was she visiting him? It wasn't as if he could see the future, nor was he some kind of tourist attraction.

"I'm not looking for any West Zhi people, so what use is going to the Ministry of Revenue?" Nangong Yu glared at Ye Yin fiercely. "I doubt you don't know who I'm looking for!"

"You?" Ye Yin frowned. He took a sip of the tea that Chun Ri had sent, then said earnestly, "Young lady surnamed Nangong? Based on your clothes, you come from a powerful clan. However, there doesn't appear to be anyone surnamed Nangong in An city!"