33: Waiting Pt. 1

Ye Yin pulled Du Luo into Nangong Piaoran's ostentatious carriage, his steps wide and deliberate. He glanced around their surroundings. As expected, there was a planned ambush!

Inside the carriage were four people. Each person harbored different thoughts.

"Brother Nangong, why don't you introduce us?" Ye Yin calmly watched the young man surnamed Yang who had been eyeing him ever since he had entered the carriage.

Nangong Piaoran blinked a few times. His eyes that had been distant, lost in thought, focused. He smiled elegantly. "I almost forgot. This is brother Yanghan Yang, the lord of Mangci. This is..." Nangong Piaoran turned to face Yanghan. "This is my new friend I just met two days ago, Ye Yin. Brother Ye is a small merchant."

Ye Yin chuckled. "Compared to you two, I, your little brother, master of Fusheng, am indeed merely a small merchant. Right, this is my sworn brother, Du Luo."

"Du Luo? The famed swordmaster known as 'Wind Blade'?" Yanghan was surprised. He almost didn't believe that Du Luo would look so ordinary.

"Lord Yang knows my elder brother?"

Yanghan smiled. "Wind Blade Du Luo is famed for his thirty-six wind sword formations. His Gale sword has slashed through many villains. Few across the land is his match. He has traveled far and wide, leaving lasting imprints across the entire world. Young master Ye, your righteous brother is renowned!"

Du Luo laughed quietly. He was a man of few words and it was his principle to speak less and listen more. In any case, he was no match for Ye Yin.

"As expected of the lord of Mangci. Brother Yang sure is knowledgeable. However, you should not look down on brother Ye. Fusheng has branches across the world with sixty six branches in total. It specializes in gathering rare and uncommon items and holds auctions twice a year. Merchants flock wherever the auction is held. Local taverns can make up to a thousand silver! Brother Ye, the amount of money you make a year must be great!"

"No, no, it is you two are great. Brother Yang's Mangci is a sharp blade, tenacious and relentless. Even if one dares to provoke the heavens, one does not dare to provoke Mangci, or else face a bitter end. Money is no match for life. As for brother Nangong, I don't even need to explain. No matter what, information is most important. However, rumors say that there is no information you cannot buy. The little money Fusheng makes is no match for Xiaoyao!"

"Brother Ye, you forgot, you show such promise at such a young age... "

"'With boundless prospects?' is what you plan on saying next? Are you two bored or something?" Du Lo suddenly interjected. "What are you guys licking each other's boots for?"

Nangong paused awkwardly. Ye Yin laughed secretly into his sleeve. Brother Du still was like this. He wouldn't speak much when in the presence of outsiders, but when he did, he would leave everyone speechless.

Nangong only paused awkwardly for a brief moment before smiling charmingly. He opened his mouth to speak again, but Du Luo did not give him the chance, smiling faintly. As if deliberately, he said to Nangong Piaoran, "We've arrived. Are you getting off?"

Du Luo's smile usually left a positive feeling, but this time, his smile seemed provoking. Nangong Piaoran was angered, but did not show it on his face. Only, his smile stiffened a bit.

Were these two synchronized? Ye Yin smiled, then silently glanced at Yanghan, who watched on contemplatively. Every one of them was no ordinary being!

Although the night was already dark, they still entered Jufeng. Anyone good at business would not refuse customers, and anyone would be able to tell in a glance these people were not to be provoked.