50: Conscientious

Ye Yin reclined next to the door, a smile on his face. Lanzhi was busy, bustling around. His body had been purged of the poison and recovering, so it was time for him to depart Yue City to be inaugurated at An city.

"What are you just standing there for? If you're not busy, go out and bask in the sun. It's been dusky for so long, take advantage of it!" Xie Lanzhi pouted.

Ye Yin smiled lazily. He shrugged and stood up. "Yes ma'am! I'll go out so I won't bother you." A few steps outside, he turned and said, "Lanzhi, you nag me even more than Chun Ri, you're just like a housewife! And there's nothing valuable in my room, no need to spend so much time tidying it up."

Xie Lanzhi rolled her eyes. "What do you know! I took away everything you used. How could I let someone else touch your stuff." Suddenly, Lanzhi's tone of voice changed. "Husband! You cannot visit brothels in An city. I am the only woman who can be at your side!"

Ye Yin fell silent faced with her domineering attitude and declaration. He looked up at the sky, feeling helpless. Since when did Lanzhi start addressing him as "husband"? At first, he laughed it out, but... She started to take care of his everyday needs, becoming more lively. He liked this, but he wouldn't be able to stand if it she were too lively!

She would get angry at him, raise her temper. This was nothing, he enjoyed this side of her, but was there a need to address him as husband? Unless...

Impossible! Ye Yin felt a shiver. Although he had not met anyone who had moved his heart, he was very certain he was straight. He only hoped that Lanzhi was straight too.

But why did Lanzhi's expression become more and more unnatural?

The sun rays were mild, the air also fresh. Ye Yin strolled slowly around the courtyard. He had lived here for almost two months, a bit reluctant to leave now.

"Ye Yin!" A gentle voice called. Ye Yin turned to look who it was. With the slight whistle of the morning wind, Ye Yin saw a young man standing below the osmanthus tree. He had refined facial features, his expression cold. His faint, cyan robe fluttered in the wind.

"Good morning, Mr. Zhuo!" Ye Yin greeted.

"The sun is already high in the sky. It is not morning anymore!" His cold voice seemed to carry faint displeasure, as if Ye Yin owed him.

Ye Yin's smile stiffened. He always did not know how to talk to Mr. Zhuo, who always used a keen eye that seemed to be able to see through everything to stare at him, as if evaluating him. However, he always seemed to exhibit slight displeasure, as if Ye Yin had done something wrong. Despite much thinking, Ye Yin remained perplexed. How exactly had he agitated Mr. Zhuo?

Ye Yin regarded Zhuo Ran silently, his eyes flickering profoundly. He used a toneless voice to speak. "Could I have a word with you?"

"Yes!" They pulled out two chairs from the house. Ye Yin set them below the osmanthus tree. "Please sit. Mr. Zhuo, do you have something to say to me?"

Zhuo Ran sat down. "A virtuous man must be conscientious. Young master Ye, you must always remember this."

Ye Yin paused. What did he mean? Was he not conscientious?

"Mr. Zhuo means to say..." Ye Yin did not understand.

Zhuo Ran frowned and shrugged. He seemed to want to say something, but was holding back. After a long time, he finally said, "You just need to remember this. Many people work without credit, so do not betray them. Young master Ye, please treasure the people at your side. This is all I will say."

Zhuo Ran stood up to leave. Ye Yin blinked as he watched the figure slowly leave his line of sight. Suddenly, he recalled another man in a cyan robe.