43: Hua Jianli's Visit

"Little Qi, what happened to you? Without you, I can't become emperor!"

In the room, a plainly dressed, rough male was pacing back and forth nonstop, constantly grumbling. Meanwhile, sitting behind the desk, a youth who was about to write but was broken off coldly flowered at the uncouth man. He was already so angry, he didn't know what to say.

This idiot, how could he just carelessly leave the newly established dynasty and come here? He already wrote so many decrees, was he not going to announce them? Did he not carry them out? Because of the new dynasty, West Zhi was in chaos, but he... Time wouldn't wait for them. If Zhi nation did not settle down soon, the four surrounding countries would begin to stir!

"Little Qi, why aren't you saying anything? I've already been standing here for so long, but you didn't even serve me tea yet. Look at you, you look like a old man who only knows how to be idle. You're not even helping me. If I had known, I would have forced you to become the emperor instead, so I wouldn't have had to..."

"Shut up!" Ye Yin gnashed his teeth. "You idiot, what's going to happen to the new dynasty if you come here? Do you want some other people to take over?"

"I..."

"You fool, do you know how much effort I used to obtain West Zhi? Are you just going to irresponsibly leave?" Ye Yin suddenly threw down his brush. The pure white paper was splattered with black ink.

Hua Jianli was startled by Ye Yin's imposing pressure. He hastily smiled apologetically. "Little Qi, I really can't do it. You know that I'm ok with battles, but sitting at court and listening to bickering gives me such a headache. I really can't become emperor!"

"Then what do you plan to do?" Ye Yin smiled.

Not discerning the anger hidden behind Ye Yin's smile, Hua Jianli continued to smile apologetically. "Little Qi, why don't you become emperor?"

These past two days, Ye Yin had been healthy enough to stand up and walk around instead of just lying down. However, just when he sat down and started to prepare to write, his peace was broken by Hua Jianli's arrival!

"Bullshit!" Utterly exasperated, Ye Yin stood up and pointed straight at Hua Jianli's nose. "Do you think this is a game? You think you can change the emperor whenever you want to? Hua Jianli, can you please get a brain? Are you going to just throw away all my hard work? You *********, get the f***k back right now!"

Hua Jianli gaped, his eyes wide. He... he cussed?

All these years, the youth had given him an image of grace. Even when they visited the brothels together or drank, he had never seen this youth reveal a trace of being unrefined, but today, the celestial like youth actually...

Hua Jianli instantly cowered. He had never seen Ye Yin like this any more. This Ye Yin made him timidly withdraw his neck. "I apologize, Little Qi. Please don't be so angry. I...I... In the future I won't say such irresponsible words. I will listen obediently to you in the future, ok?"

Closing his eyes, Ye Yin took a deep breath to suppress his ire. "What happened to those decrees I sent you?"

"Oh?" Hua Jianli faltered for moment. "They've all been proclaimed!"

"I know you did! I'm asking how well they've been implemented!"

Sensing that Ye Yin's anger was rising again, Hua Jianli smiled apologetically and said cautiously, "Not very well."

Ye Yin sat back down tiredly and closed his eyes. Hua Jianli knew that Ye Yin was so angry, he didn't want to speak with him. He couldn't help but try to defend himself, "But you can't blame me, West Zhi's treasury has been empty for a while, so I can't do anything. Those chancellors all just see me as a joke and don't come up with any ideas, I..."