48: True Identity Pt. I

Nangong Piaoran froze. Fine rain drizzled outside. The youth lay next to the window like a scene from a painting. He could not speak, fearful of breaking the perfect scene.

"Young master Nangong, you're here?" A female voice shattered his daydream. He glanced sideways and saw a pretty girl in a light blue dress. She looked pleasantly surprised.

Nangong Piaoran was vaguely annoyed. Before he could speak, the graceful girl walked over to the youth angrily. She drew the window close arranged his fox fur coat carefully, reproaching him at the same time. "Why do you never listen? Do you want to get so sick again that you can't get off the bed?"

The youth looked up at the girl with a sheepish smile. He spoke so softly, Nangong Piaoran could not hear what he was saying, but he did not want to know either. He only felt that the scene before him was piercing.

The youth and girl were a perfect match. Anyone who saw would gasp with praise. Truly a match made in heaven! However, Nangong Piaoran felt his heart ache. How he wished that the youth would only smile like that at him...

He clenched his fists so tightly, his nails pierced his skin. The pain finally brought him back to his senses, but then he felt a surge of anger. What was happening to him?

"Brother Nangong, what are you just standing there for? Come in. Don't expect me to stand up to greet you, I was just ordered to go back to bed," Ye Yin smiled, glancing at Lanzhi. Thought his eyes appeared resentful, Nangong Piaoran sensed it was playful.

He forcefully suppressed his anger, then walked into Ye Yin's room and sat down. "In just a few days, you've already worsened so much. Lady Lanzhi is right to not let you leave your bed."

Ye Yin curled his lip, feigning helplessness. "Oh, she only knows how to echo other's words. Because Mr. Zhuo's medical knowledge surpasses hers, she listened to every word he says. She basically treats him as a god!"

As she handed Nangong Piaoran a cup of tea, Lanzhi rolled her eyes. "Young master Nangong, if you've returned, does that mean my young master's poison can be cured now?"

He shook his head. "We'll have to wait a few days, I'm afraid. Although I have already given the antidote recipe to Brother Du, the ingredients still have not been completely gathered. Brother Du says we must wait for Mr. Zhuo to collect all the ingredients before Ye Yin can start taking the antidote. But there should be no further problems. Lady Lanzhi does not need to worry."

Lanzhi's smile dimmed. She gave him a bow. "Young master Nangong, thank you for finding the antidote recipe for my young master. Please sit here with young master Ye Yin for a while. I need to go."

As Xie Lanzhi left, Nangong Piaoran assumed a carefree manner. "Little Qi, seeing you with Lady Lanzhi is like seeing a fish in water. I envy you!"

"Envy me? Forget about it! You haven't seen her true face. She pesters me every day, I cannot stand it!"

"Enough, appreciate what you have!" Though Nangong Piaoran had a playful tone, his eyes were dark.

Ye Yin was skilled in reading faces, but he did not understand why Nangong Piaoran would be displeased. Did he offend him?

"Oh right, Brother Nangong, didn't you dislike my elder brother before? Why are you calling him 'Brother Du' so intimately now? Is it because you realized that Brother Du is really not bad, so..." Although he did not know what Nangong Piaoran was displeased with, it might be related to Lanzhi, so he decided to tease Nangong Piaoran and change the topic.

Nangong Piaoran rolled his eyes, annoyed. "It's because of you, otherwise I wouldn't even pay attention to him. I spent a lot of effort for you this time, Little Qi. How do you plan on repaying me?

B A Fजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें