55: Refused Marriage

"Because Ren Fengyao defied a decree, he was locked up by Dongfang Chao."

This gave Ye Yin slight pause. Then, he snorted. "Defied a decree? Ren Fengyao, that fellow, had the courage to defy a degree? Perhaps Dongfang Chao grew wary of Ren Fengyao's talent and is using this as a pretext!"

"Little Qi, why do you think that?"

Ye Yin walked over to Du Luo and sat down. "Besides this, I cannot think of another reason that Ren Fengyao, that stupidly loyal person, would defy a decree. I remember when I left Dongling, the situation was unstable. Ren Fengyao worked as hard as he could, even fainting twice at court. Now, with his four years of hard work, Dongling's dissidents have been weeded out by him. But now that Dongling is at peace, he is of no use. Perhaps Dongfang Chao was unable to sleep soundly without him around. Actually, killing someone after they have stopped being useful is a common practice of emperors. If anyone's to blame, it's Ren Fengyao for his senseless loyalty."

Du Luo smiled peculiarly. Little Qi's words were correct. However, it was not because of this that Ren Fengyao was imprisoned, but because...

Little Qi, it was because of you!

Just as he was about to Tell Ye Yin the truth, he heard a female voice.

"It's already snowing, you two are still on the roof? I made a light midnight snack, come down and eat it!"

With a laugh, Ye Yin leapt off the roof. He looked up and said, "Brother Du, come down. Let's go inside."

In a neat, refined room, the flames of a few candles reflected a glow on a youth's face. It was as if he had come out of a painting. The youth had signs of drunkenness, his face faintly flushed red, his lustrous eyes faintly glazed over, like wisps of clouds covering the moon. Although his gaze was slightly unfocused, his eyes darted around, twinkling, somehow faintly enticing.

So only when the youth was drunk would the youth's feminine side would be exposed!

"Minister, I think you look very good when you're drunk!" Lanzhi had never seen Ye Yin drunk before. This was the first time she had seen Ye Yin with flushed cheeks and alluring.

Although Ye Yin appeared drunk, his mind was clear, and he noticed the hidden delight in Lanzhi's eyes. He supported his chin with one arm, blinking at Lanzhi in a lovely manner. "Wifey, if you want to see your husband drunk, then just send me alcohol as long as you're not afraid of me going into a drunken frenzy."

"Enough, you two fake phoenixes. Stop putting on a show." Du Luo couldn't stand their display of "deep love".

"We're not fake, Brother. Don't you know my Lanzhi loves acting like this the most? I'm merely coordinating with her! Right, Lanzhi?"

Ye Yin's eyes flashed with obvious craftiness. His smile that was not a smile made Lanzhi shiver inwardly. She turned to Du Luo hastily. "Brother Du, normally, you two can enjoy the moon from the roof, but today, it is pitch black outside. It's even snowing. Don't you feel cold being on the roof so long?"

Du Luo chuckled. "With the burn of alcohol, it is not cold. Also, because we were deep in discussion, we lost track of time."

Du Luo intended for Lanzhi to ask him what they were talking about, but Lanzhi didn't say a word. He could only turn to Ye Yin and say, "Little Qi, aren't you curious what kind of decree he defied?"

Ye Yin curled his lip. "That's his business, not mine. Why would you ask me that?"

Du Luo laughed again heartily. His laughter could move hearts and made his face appear even more lively, so Ye Yin normally liked when Du Luo laughed. But today, when he saw Du Luo's smile, he felt an ominous sensation. Was it related to him?